SNerOW.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi all,
Bashed my Nero in the snow for the first time today. It was a blast. Loads of fun. Easily made jumps, crazy rooster tails, drifting bliss. It did cut out on me though after a bit. No response to throttle whatsoever. Thought it was LVC but not sure, all the batts were 3.7+ when i put them on the charger. Under the shell was completely packed in snow though. At any rate, what kind of measures do you snow bashers do to prevent unnecessary breaks due to snow, ice, water? I imagine a dusty motors cover would help a bit. Thanks for any advice provided for safe snow bashing.
After I thoroughly dried it it worked just fine.

Hi all,
Bashed my Nero in the snow for the first time today. It was a blast. Loads of fun. Easily made jumps, crazy rooster tails, drifting bliss. It did cut out on me though after a bit. No response to throttle whatsoever. Thought it was LVC but not sure, all the batts were 3.7+ when i put them on the charger. Under the shell was completely packed in snow though. At any rate, what kind of measures do you snow bashers do to prevent unnecessary breaks due to snow, ice, water? I imagine a dusty motors cover would help a bit. Thanks for any advice provided for safe snow bashing.
After I thoroughly dried it it worked just fine.

Cold temps wreak havoc on Lipos. Even though your packs were 3.7v when you put them back on the charger, they were probably at the low voltage cutoff level under load in the cold outside. They had just warmed up and recovered by the time you hooked them up to check them. Run times and performance are significantly decreased in cold conditions with Lipo batteries.

Cold temps wreak havoc on Lipos. Even though your packs were 3.7v when you put them back on the charger, they were probably at the low voltage cutoff level under load in the cold outside. They had just warmed up and recovered by the time you hooked them up to check them. Run times and performance are significantly decreased in cold conditions with Lipo batteries.
Totally forgot about that....good point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back