Snow bash. Unexpected results.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dopeman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
Took the Nero out today to play in the snow. Goes like a tank. A few minutes in, I noticed the rear seemed droopy. Inspection revealed that the snow had built up in the rear suspension and was keeping it compressed. It was bound up and wouldn't fall back down. After I took it in the house and let it thaw, all was back to normal. Never had that issue with my Bullet. I'm wondering if it's just a side effect of the horizontal dampening?

Took the Nero out today to play in the snow. Goes like a tank. A few minutes in, I noticed the rear seemed droopy. Inspection revealed that the snow had built up in the rear suspension and was keeping it compressed. It was bound up and wouldn't fall back down. After I took it in the house and let it thaw, all was back to normal. Never had that issue with my Bullet. I'm wondering if it's just a side effect of the horizontal dampening?
I just had mine out and ran in the snow as well. I didnt notice that happen with mine and snow was packed everywhere when i pulled the body. I think we need enclosed wheel wells

Discovered today that my steering servo linkage failed. Lost a nut and bolt connecting the servo arm to the servo saver. Luckily it didn't fall completely out until I was in the house. Found them and reinstalled. That was a bugger. Had to remove a battery box to get to it.

All the screw loosing that's accustom with the Nero family, makes me think that I need to tear down both truck's before I drive them...

All the screw loosing that's accustom with the Nero family, makes me think that I need to tear down both truck's before I drive them...

It's kind of weird. I enjoy wrenching on them if I'm doing a mod or upgrading. I don't like wrenching when I have to repair something. I really don't wanna have to strip one down that far. That's why I buy rtf and not kits.

It's kind of weird. I enjoy wrenching on them if I'm doing a mod or upgrading. I don't like wrenching when I have to repair something. I really don't wanna have to strip one down that far. That's why I buy rtf and not kits.
Hahaha, as much as I like twisting wrenches on rc car's, I have to say I'm pretty close to the same way as you!!! But don't mind the preventative maintenance every once in a while ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back