Kraton SNOW BASHING?.. precautions? .. recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedawg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Going on vacation at a ski resort in WV and the boy and I want to take our KRATON and OUTCAST to run after the slopes close any thing these FL boys need to know about playing in the snow?.. pinions? Shock oil? Diff fluid? Battery life all acts different in the cold..so any input would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't had any big issues running in snow other than the whole inside of the chasis getting caked with snow. Therefore all steel parts and screws have begun to rust. I even take a blow gun to my kraton after to remove snow and moisture and parts still rust. Not sure if I will be doing anymore snow bashing.

Anything you can do to keep the snow out helps. Remember that snow makes a great insulator so check your motor and esc to make sure they don't get encapsulated and start to heat up. Maybe try the pantyhose trick? I know @Notorious J is a fan of it!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anybody-running-a-dusty-motors-dust-cover.10721/post-119826
No matter what everything is gonna end up wet. Spray oil, a heater, and moving air are your best bet. After snow I hang my cars by a heater to let em dry most of the way, then spray with wd40, and hang some more, and spray with a silicone base lube.

I haven't had any big issues running in snow other than the whole inside of the chasis getting caked with snow. Therefore all steel parts and screws have begun to rust. I even take a blow gun to my kraton after to remove snow and moisture and parts still rust. Not sure if I will be doing anymore snow bashing.
Yeah I think I’m going to spay both down real well with silicone spray and hope it protects it better.

Anything you can do to keep the snow out helps. Remember that snow makes a great insulator so check your motor and esc to make sure they don't get encapsulated and start to heat up. Maybe try the pantyhose trick? I know @Notorious J is a fan of it!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anybody-running-a-dusty-motors-dust-cover.10721/post-119826
No matter what everything is gonna end up wet. Spray oil, a heater, and moving air are your best bet. After snow I hang my cars by a heater to let em dry most of the way, then spray with wd40, and hang some more, and spray with a silicone base lube.
+1, personally I use PB blaster on all the bearings after a run like that.

Maybe some paddle tires... I know they're pricey, but if the snow is soft, it's hard to get going.

I don't think shock/diff oils will matter much unless you plan on being out there for hours. Silicone is pretty resistant to temperature changes (I read this but could still be wrong)

One thing I don't run in the snow without is a chassis cover. Dusty motors or Hot racing should be fine. I use the hot racing one myself since it was cheaper. The outcast backflips are pretty good in the snow, but if you want Im sure paddle tires would be better.

A little late but didn't see anybody really cover it much: brittle plastics. Depending on the temperatures and how much bashing and jumping you'll be doing, a lot of the plastic parts can break easier than they normally would. I would just be a little extra careful. Other than that and what everyone said above, you should be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back