Notorious Snow bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepiper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I've been enjoying bashing in the snow with the Notorious, but unfortunately, the it gets into the truck fairly easily. Has anyone found a way to keep snow out? Obviously, the arms, wheels, shocks, etc are gonna get crap all over them, but I'd like to minimize the mess.

Also, I've read about putting holes in the tires, and covering up the breathing hole (holes maybe) in the rims. Is this a good idea?

Panty hose! I took my Kraton out and this kept everything inside nice and dry.

20201122_125045.jpg

20201108_204332.jpg

That's it?? Well what a simple solution. I see the rear posts are covered. Do you just press the clips through the fabric?
Just cut a tiny hole near each post and then pull them down right onto the mount.

I'm surprised that actually worked!
They don't last long but I get the cheapest ones I can find at the dollar store. They work really, really well and they're less cumbersome than the rc specific covers.

How many runs do you get out of one?
Hard bashing, maybe two or three. The bottom gets torn up over rough terrain so you have to change them up so they don't tear and get tangled in the wrong place. They're great in the snow if you don't hit too much rough stuff on the bottom.

Hard bashing, maybe two or three. The bottom gets torn up over rough terrain so you have to change them up so they don't tear and get tangled in the wrong place. They're great in the snow if you don't hit too much rough stuff on the bottom.
Think they need to design a pantyhose mount system, a spring loaded part that clamps on the sides. The panty grabber would be a good name.

Last edited:
How many runs do you get out of one?
If you buy the ones for husky women they don’t get runs in them as they’re made to hold up better. ?

:ROFLMAO:?

i'm not going to inquire further. It's 2020, whatever floats your banana boat works here. ?

On a serious note, have you tried spandex or any of the under armour stuff? I feel like those might be high quality, and less akward when you see a church member.
Most of that stuff is too thick and doesn't breath enough.

:ROFLMAO:?

i'm not going to inquire further. It's 2020, whatever floats your banana boat works here. ?

On a serious note, have you tried spandex or any of the under armour stuff? I feel like those might be high quality, and less akward when you see a church member.
Like @slick2500 said, it needs to allow good air flow but another reason to use hosiery instead, is the fact you need to be able to get it on. Getting a fabric to stretch enough that it can get around the front axle assembly, but still be snug when it becomes a cover, is harder than it looks. Little trial and error already done in this department.

I've been enjoying bashing in the snow with the Notorious, but unfortunately, the it gets into the truck fairly easily. Has anyone found a way to keep snow out? Obviously, the arms, wheels, shocks, etc are gonna get crap all over them, but I'd like to minimize the mess.

Also, I've read about putting holes in the tires, and covering up the breathing hole (holes maybe) in the rims. Is this a good idea?

Dusty Motors shrouds have always been my go to product to keep the snow and mud out, but it looks like they have very few model specific offerings for Arrma products. The big problem with them is that they hold tons of heat in.

Universal Shroud Cover | Dusty Motors

Like @slick2500 said, it needs to allow good air flow but another reason to use hosiery instead, is the fact you need to be able to get it on. Getting a fabric to stretch enough that it can get around the front axle assembly, but still be snug when it becomes a cover, is harder than it looks. Little trial and error already done in this department.
We are very fortunate to have someone with the vast experience with pantyhose that you do to guide us ??????

Dusty Motors shrouds have always been my go to product to keep the snow and mud out, but it looks like they have very few model specific offerings for Arrma products. The big problem with them is that they hold tons of heat in.

Universal Shroud Cover | Dusty Motors
I bought one and it works okay. What I don't like it the velcro on the side guards. When not using the cover, it gets destroyed so I had to buy an extra set of guards to use when not using the cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back