Typhon Snow tires for my Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkern88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello! I'm thinking of getting some snow treads for my Typhon 3s. Maybe paddle sand/snow? Oversize? Or other recommendations. If possible, since I'm brand new with this buggy and pretty new to the hobby, I don't want to have to mod a bunch of other things. Just swap out wheels/ tires to go play in the snow.

I was trying to understand what everyone was talking about in a different thread and I honestly don't know what 2.8s MX means. So if that's the recommendation can you please explain that?

Thank you in advance

Truggify it with MT 2.8 paddle tires. Sorry @CameronCodes. MX28 tires are 1/10 mt sized, but will work on the Typhon with a 17mm hex wheel.

Last edited:
The Typhon just doesn’t have a lot of ground clearance so you’ll probably find yourself getting stuck a lot. I was even having trouble with my Kraton in fresh snow. But it is fun as long as you know the associated hazards of running in snow/wet with electronics and potential corrosion and the extra upkeep it takes.

2BB8CA12-9FDB-4FD3-A67F-724F26AB306D.jpeg

Oh ya want to truggified it??the proline mx28s are what many use...they also put kraton steering g blocks an hubs to trugg.adds 1/2 in each corner.jennyrc is the best for buying the stuff to trugg

The bigger tires will not break the rear diff as the Granite and Big rock both have the same platform in stock form. Will likely need to re-gear to keep temps down and get some power back.

Oh ya want to truggified it??the proline mx28s are what many use...they also put kraton steering g blocks an hubs to trugg.adds 1/2 in each corner.jennyrc is the best for buying the stuff to trugg
Wouldn't the diff be an issue with the bigger tires though?

Wouldn't the diff be an issue with the bigger tires though?
The typhon has the same drivetrain as the Big Rock and Granite which runs 2.8s. As long as this person regears to a 13-15t pinion, all should be good.

So I ended up getting these Duratrax hatchet MT belted tires. There's some snow outside so I'll give em a spin tomorrow

20220102_202049.jpg

So I ended up getting these Duratrax hatchet MT belted tires. There's some snow outside so I'll give em a spin tomorrow

View attachment 190125
Hmm, those look a lot like 'Louise LT3331SB for Traxxas', did they work well? I've been eyeing these and LT3330SB that share the following specs:
  • Fits: Traxxas Maxx (and other trucks with 17mm hex)
  • Diameter: 136.4mm
  • Width: 70.2mm
  • Hex: 17 mm
  • Bead-Lock Rim Color: Black
  • Wheel Off-set: +1/2”
  • Tire Compound: Soft
  • Tire Technology: MFT (limits ballooning/tire expansion)

Hmm, those look a lot like 'Louise LT3331SB for Traxxas', did they work well? I've been eyeing these and LT3330SB that share the following specs:
  • Fits: Traxxas Maxx (and other trucks with 17mm hex)
  • Diameter: 136.4mm
  • Width: 70.2mm
  • Hex: 17 mm
  • Bead-Lock Rim Color: Black
  • Wheel Off-set: +1/2”
  • Tire Compound: Soft
  • Tire Technology: MFT (limits ballooning/tire expansion)
I really haven't run them enough to say how well they work. I did go out the other day and there was plenty of snow on the ground. But it had melted a bit and was a very heavy wet sticky snow that weighed my car down so much it was driving like crap. I'd like to take it out on a nicer day to give my true opinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back