So a buddy and I found a 'perfect' Speed Run Spot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very late at night for the limited traffic. I have a center median I can pull into to let cars pass. Of course it seemed as soon as the camera comes on the 1:1 cars show up! We do have a very good line of sight for seeing upcoming traffic and we also were doing it where we were, so we can pull it off into a side street for a worse case scenario.
If we start using this spot more we'll start using some 2 ways radios to be more careful. We really were just playing around setting off the Speed Limit sign they have set up to thwart speeders on that stretch of the road. Only problem with that spot is I wouldn't ever be able to use it during the day as much as I would like too now. Appreciate the view and the tips for keeping our Arrma Family safe!!

The only perfect locations are decommissioned air port landing strips.

I agree, anytime you decide to shoot video the cars magically appear. (never fails!)

I had a scenario once where I lost radio connection with my car, and it was sitting in the lane of on-coming traffic.
It was a horrible feeling running towards it, trying to regain connection. Luckily I was able to get it working just before the car came up on the RC. :eek:

:nailbiting: Hard pass on that feeling! Unfortunately none of those type of places around my area. In the future, my buddy and I will take a drive out east past the city and try and find some nice long road stretches. Just this spot is super close and for being in the city has some decent amenities to get out of the way sort of thing. Nice wide Bike lane on the street, both sides. Side streets to scoot into if needed, again for the once in a while speed run. That Speedometer Sign though is what we playing with, I really wonder what the 1:1 car behind me on the second pass was thinking when it saw the Red and Blue flashing for speeding!?? Lol

We use to run in large parking lots of a huge mall. Always at night with limited traffic. One night some crazy b!tch and her entourage came through the lot and purposefully ran over my buddies road car with both axles. It was a nitro car and the noise it made freaked us out, went to full throttle and was waiting for it to blow. After that don't trust any cagers around my rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back