Kraton So damn frustrated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon 6s
OK I have given up Arrma FAM!! Can someone please for the love of god tell me how to fix this issue!?!? Why are my front tires like this I can not get them to straighten out??!!! Also, it doesn't want to turn all the way either look at this its ridiculous I haven't even liked done anything to cause this what is going on??!!!

20210110_000327.jpg

20210110_000542.jpg

20210110_000547.jpg

The name usually faces up to be seen. And believe also have a L and R on some.
OK I don't know if it has L or R on them but I haven't completely taken them off so their on the right side but its possible they might be upside down but idk, like the steering is all jacked up and I can not figure it out!! The front right top arm had the logo up the other day after some upgrades but it was steering all messed up so I switched the logo to face down and now its like way worse! I can not get the tires to straighten out and it will not turn all the way to the right!?!?

Open the manual bro. Better yet go to the exploded view on Arrmas website. Your upper arms are most definitely on the wrong way.
Did I mention open the manual or better yet go to the exploded view?

Not enough guys look at this stuff when they have issues......sorry to sound like a douche, but your question could be answered with a tiny bit of research.
FWIW.

Open the manual bro. Better yet go to the exploded view on Arrmas website. Your upper arms are most definitely on the wrong way.
Did I mention open the manual or better yet go to the exploded view?

Not enough guys look at this stuff when they have issues......sorry to sound like a douche, but your question could be answered with a tiny bit of research.
FWIW.
Yea but I just switched the arms back to the way they are supposed to be logo facing up but why are the wheels crooked?? And why won't it steer to the right now??

Yea but I just switched the arms back to the way they are supposed to be logo facing up but why are the wheels crooked?? And why won't it steer to the right now??
Take some more pictures and post. It’s possible your tie rods are too short and need adjustment. As you know, there is supposed to be a certain amount of toe out on the fronts so yes, there will be a bit of crookedness which is normal.

I have the same stone guards and I once made a critical error with one of them. I installed the wrong length screw to hold it down......that screw protruded into the Ackerman, which pushed it down and made it bind.

cheers,
kev

Come on guys the upper a arms are upside down. End of story
Yes, but he said he’s remedied that problem and still the wheels are canted too much.

cheers,
kev

Come on guys the upper a arms are upside down. End of story
Exactly @KevinC I fixed the arms but its still crooked it doesn't feel or look normal. Also, it's having a hard time turning left all of a sudden now
Take some more pictures and post. It’s possible your tie rods are too short and need adjustment. As you know, there is supposed to be a certain amount of toe out on the fronts so yes, there will be a bit of crookedness which is normal.

I have the same stone guards and I once made a critical error with one of them. I installed the wrong length screw to hold it down......that screw protruded into the Ackerman, which pushed it down and made it bind.

cheers,
kev
OK, I hope that's is not the issue because I took off the stone guards to do some work and put them back on but I can't tell if that's when it happened.which part is the Ackerman now??

cheers,
kev
I will take a few more pics with the tires off and stuff a little later I'm busy right now, but I really appreciate the help guys thank you!
Your upper a arms are flipped around. The flat part points towards the front

View attachment 119029
OK I will check and make sure, I already flipped them back to having the Arrma logo facing up so I'll check

...there is supposed to be a certain amount of toe out on the fronts so yes...

cheers,
kev

Why is that? Seriously, what is wrong with neutral toe or very slight toe-out and why do these things come with the front wheels steering in different directions? The stock toe-out is ridiculous and I replace Arrma's reality with my own in this regard.

Why is that? Seriously, what is wrong with neutral toe or very slight toe-out and why do these things come with the front wheels steering in different directions? The stock toe-out is ridiculous and I replace Arrma's reality with my own in this regard.
I agree, the stock toe out is excessive. I too adjusted it inwards to some degree, but never zero degrees. Toe out helps keep the rig tracking straight and assists in tighter turn radius ( there is a sweet spot though). Not enough toe out equates to squirrely straight running and poor turn radius......that’s how I understand it.

cheers,
kev
Paul, here’s your Ackerman.......
33C09153-AE75-4C58-9C81-7212B4136B5C.jpeg

Last edited:
If the arms are on correctly now and the steering is still wonky the tie rod ends have pushed themselves in and need unscrewed to the proper setting. Hard one wheel impacts will cause this. You can re adjust them a few times but eventually the threads permanently strip and you need new ones. Cheap fix compared to the arms.

I agree, the stock toe out is excessive. I too adjusted it inwards to some degree, but never zero degrees. Toe out helps keep the rig tracking straight and assists in tighter turn radius ( there is a sweet spot though). Not enough toe out equates to squirrely straight running and poor turn radius......that’s how I understand it.

cheers,
kev
View attachment 119138
Ohhh OK, its the bellcrank I got it I just switched it out for one from M2C Racing that's the upgrade I was installing! I'm so confused and frustrated I'm going to take it all back apart and reassemble everything and go from there I will also losen up the front knuckles as well then last thing I will do is check the service. I doubt it is the servo tho because it has been performing flawless so, we'll see. This sucks man haha

cheers,
kev
View attachment 119138
If the arms are on correctly now and the steering is still wonky the tie rod ends have pushed themselves in and need unscrewed to the proper setting. Hard one wheel impacts will cause this. You can re adjust them a few times but eventually the threads permanently strip and you need new ones. Cheap fix compared to the arms.
Yes I have been trying to adjust them to the correct toe but its hard haha I have no idea what it should be I've never done that before that's new To me
OK guys, here is how my toes currently is on the front, first pic is the right 2nd is the left. @KevinC @Jimbobjr @IrieWheeler @jondilly1974 @Outcastblxnut @MixMasterJames @y noT

20210111_053805.jpg

20210111_053838.jpg

Last edited:
New photos are too close up, cant tell much from that.
OK well I'll have to take new ones this evening then after work sorry about that Guy's

Ohhh OK, its the bellcrank I got it I just switched it out for one from M2C Racing that's the upgrade I was installing! I'm so confused and frustrated I'm going to take it all back apart and reassemble everything and go from there I will also losen up the front knuckles as well then last thing I will do is check the service. I doubt it is the servo tho because it has been performing flawless so, we'll see. This sucks man haha

Yes I have been trying to adjust them to the correct toe but its hard haha I have no idea what it should be I've never done that before that's new To me

OK guys, here is how my toes currently is on the front, first pic is the right 2nd is the left. @KevinC @Jimbobjr @IrieWheeler @jondilly1974 @Outcastblxnut @MixMasterJames @y noT

View attachment 119305

View attachment 119306
OK here guys I have new ones

20210111_203514.jpg

20210111_203537.jpg

20210111_203452.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back