Outcast So guys some opinions please, Outcast, Notorious it Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hoping I don't run into the Kraton diff issues I hear and see a ton about on here, or is it just the exb diffs? Either way still a 6s truggy just a lot heavier and might like having the ride height for bashing anyways of the Kraton. So sorry guys what are the new suggestions for the Kraton as far as smaller upgrades/must do's and parts to keep on hand for breakages? If different at all from Talion.
View attachment 97617

Wish I ended up with the Talion but was falsely advertised as in stock and wasn't so ended up having to settle with the Kraton 6s

Mid September is barely two weeks away and nobody forced you to buy a Kraton so I don’t get the “had to settle” mumbo jumbo, but you’ve got a Kraton now, great go enjoy it!

Kraton was my 2nd Arrma 6s rig. Yes, the Talion is awesome, and way underrated IMO, but the Kraton is a beast. It's a great do it all rig. I now have 2 of them, for different purposes. One is mostly stock, except for an upgraded servo, servo mount, and chassis braces. I've geared it WAY up, as a test. It's 18/46 with 100k front/1million center/60k rear (I wouldn't recommend this setup though). She heats up quicker then I'd like, but add some beastly fans and you'll be good to go. It's my "do stupid $h!t with an RC" rig lol

As others have said, I wouldn't send a rig without at least upgraded chassis braces. I'd also strongly recommend a servo mount, a servo , and a tx/rx. Those last parts aren't 100% necessary, but I've enjoyed my trucks more after those were done.

Kraton was my 2nd Arrma 6s rig. Yes, the Talion is awesome, and way underrated IMO, but the Kraton is a beast. It's a great do it all rig. I now have 2 of them, for different purposes. One is mostly stock, except for an upgraded servo, servo mount, and chassis braces. I've geared it WAY up, as a test. It's 18/46 with 100k front/1million center/60k rear (I wouldn't recommend this setup though). She heats up quicker then I'd like, but add some beastly fans and you'll be good to go. It's my "do stupid $h!t with an RC" rig lol

As others have said, I wouldn't send a rig without at least upgraded chassis braces. I'd also strongly recommend a servo mount, a servo , and a tx/rx. Those last parts aren't 100% necessary, but I've enjoyed my trucks more after those were done.
I'd rephrase "I wouldn't send a rig without at least upgraded chassis braces" to "I wouldn't send a rig without at least having the chassis brace upgrades on hand for when they inevitably break but intend to use the stock braces till the are crying for replacement" :p

I strongly recommend getting upgrades but personally won't replace till I've broken something. So far, 15 packs and hundreds of send offs and I'm still running the stock plastic braces...so shocked! I fully prepared for the known weaknesses yet haven't had to replace anything yet.

I'd rephrase "I wouldn't send a rig without at least upgraded chassis braces" to "I wouldn't send a rig without at least having the chassis brace upgrades on hand for when they inevitably break but intend to use the stock braces till the are crying for replacement" :p

I strongly recommend getting upgrades but personally won't replace till I've broken something. So far, 15 packs and hundreds of send offs and I'm still running the stock plastic braces...so shocked! I fully prepared for the known weaknesses yet haven't had to replace anything yet.

Normally I’m with you on upgrades - don’t do it until the factory part breaks, but with chassis braces, I also consider the collateral damage that may occur if a plastic brace breaks - which could be a bent chassis. For the $20ish bucks, the aluminum braces are way stronger and may help prevent a tweaked chassis and might be worth an immediate upgrade.

Normally I’m with you on upgrades - don’t do it until the factory part breaks, but with chassis braces, I also consider the collateral damage that may occur if a plastic brace breaks - which could be a bent chassis. For the $20ish bucks, the aluminum braces are way stronger and may help prevent a tweaked chassis and might be worth an immediate upgrade.
This... when a chassis brace breaks, it usually takes something else with it. They don’t like to go alone. Don’t wait on putting chassis braces on. What’s the point ? Besides, they look cool anyways! Put em on :) why have em and not use em?

That makes sense, hadn't really considered the ramifications...maybe I should go ahead and replace them...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back