Outcast So guys some opinions please, Outcast, Notorious it Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need a Willie bar.. Any stock 6S Willie bar will work!! Upgraded front bumper would be my 1st purchase.. Set a back flip LP tires. 19 or 20 tooth pen.. Homemade rear mud flaps not a must but you will thank yourself after you do it! And some way to save your front. Body post and body.. Are used aluminum screw down buttons almost like pro line.. Will save your body and post..30 / 500/.60 b,c,f! Maybe A set of rpm arms down the road outside of that. Send it to the moon.. Have an outcast,exb, 2 talion.. By far the best handling vehicle

20200831_115357.jpg

20200831_115403.jpg

20200831_115444.jpg

20200831_115459.jpg

20200831_115456.jpg

You will need a Willie bar.. Any stock 6S Willie bar will work!! Upgraded front bumper would be my 1st purchase.. Set a back flip LP tires. 19 or 20 tooth pen.. Homemade rear mud flaps not a must but you will thank yourself after you do it! And some way to save your front. Body post and body.. Are used aluminum screw down buttons almost like pro line.. Will save your body and post..30 / 500/.60 b,c,f! Maybe A set of rpm arms down the road outside of that. Send it to the moon.. Have an outcast,exb, 2 talion.. By far the best handling vehicle

20200831_115357.jpg

20200831_115403.jpg

20200831_115444.jpg

20200831_115459.jpg

20200831_115456.jpg
And upgraded steering servo

Great choice, you won't regret it.

All items that are 'must have' are mentioned already. Just stating what I did and consider inmportant
Must:
RPM bumper, skid plates (T-bone bumper works as well)
Metal chassis braces - M2C; HR or EXB are ok as well.
Motor fan(s), running dual here in Florida when I'm on grass.
Rear wheelie bar (buy some spares ?)

Maybe:
Stock arms are fine. I'm on RPM by now.
HR hubs - not needed for bashing but bearings are a lot better (oversized)
Servo - cheap one from Amazon (25kg)

Tires:
Stock Katar are great - they wear quickly on the road (3 packs = slicks)
Backflip LP - have a set and still unused but they are next

Diff - running 50/500/50 and next will be 50/500/30. Really depends on your specific environment.
You want higher than stock or you will blow up tires quickly.

Ask questions as you go along. This one will run fine out of the box.

Metal chassis braces straight away. If you wait for the front one to break, you'll end up with a bent front center dogbone and a bent T2T as well.
LOL Bickety ! Couldn't agre more !!!After reading all the replies about what first upgrades to do , I was ready to say what you were the last one to reply !!!

1) I know this cause I did it !!! First bash broke a chassis brace and in turn bent my rear chassis !!! So right away , as Bickety said , aluminum chassis braces !!! Drive without , but don't send it big yet .
2) Bash bumpers , I got the T-Bone ones , very happy .
3) Get the RPM arms on hand ready to go , when you break a stock one , put them on .
4) Be careful of the RTR radio , glitches and could poss take off on you , better radio ( I use a Futaba 3PV )

Everything else , wait til it breaks . I have had my V4 Talion for about a year now , still orig fluid in the shocks and diffs ( doing them now though ) . While the stock servo is slow , it has never broke in any of my Arrma 6s rigs , I have never lost a diff / ESC / bearing / or motor ( I don't drive thru water / mud if I can help it ) . I put on Backflips and truck is now easier to control in the air , but wheelies way more vs. the stock Katars and that is with 100k center diff still . I like how mine drives so I am gonna try and make a mix to get 150k ish .

Enjoy !!!!! Oh , pick up an extra rear wing , gone thru 4 so far !!!

Great choice, I'm sure you will love it.. welcome to the financial pain of upgraditus.. then the 2nd, 3rd and 4th vehicle versions of it. :/

You might want to read up on how bad the stock radio is, that would be my very 1st upgrade. doesn't have to be expensive, love my Flysky GT5 but even the $25 -$30 DumboRC x4 or x6 is an upgrade, no joke!

So...... Bit pissed shop calls me and says truck is out of stock tell mid sept. Anyways long story short I ended up getting the kraton instead so hopefully besides weight and little differences won't be too much different? Not to happy to say the least though, but still got my first 6s rig either way.

So...... Bit pissed shop calls me and says truck is out of stock tell mid sept. Anyways long story short I ended up getting the kraton instead so hopefully besides weight and little differences won't be too much different? Not to happy to say the least though, but still got my first 6s rig either way.
Yeah it sits up a little higher but it's not bad. bigger tires too. You could darn near turn it into a talion, I figure there are just subtle changes in the towers. I know the shocks are def longer on the kraton. Just means you need to buy the talion too! hahahahaha.

That is how you get suckered into it..You will need a backup car to use when the first is broken, then something a little different and a backup for that...and so it begins....

Ha! The Kraton wasn’t on your original list - but it would have been my second choice.

I hope you got some consideration from the hobby shop but given the demand these days, I’m sure they couldn’t care less.

Throw some backflip LPs on there for a little smaller footprint.

Ha! The Kraton wasn’t on your original list - but it would have been my second choice.

I hope you got some consideration from the hobby shop but given the demand these days, I’m sure they couldn’t care less.

Throw some backflip LPs on there for a little smaller footprint.
That's how I run mine too. I built it from the chassis up so I never had the actual k6 wheels on it.

k6.jpg

I would upgrade all the hinge pin retainers to solid aluminum. Front upper, front front, front rear, rear front, rear rear. Much better than the plastic/stamped plate that comes stock.

I’d also recommend a Robinson hardened steel pinion, I always shatter the arrma ones...

Enjoy your Talion, you made a great choice

And aluminum center braces. Up the diff fluid too. I run 60/1m/30. Tekjo gaskets are awesome. And the $30 35kg servo on amazon. You can snag a yeah racing dual fan mount heat sink for the motor for around $25 and get a jst splitter to run to the receiver to power them, or you can get a fan set from any of the guys coming out with them or ntf. they will be a lot more cfm than the yeah racing setup but def more expensive.

Just hoping I don't run into the Kraton diff issues I hear and see a ton about on here, or is it just the exb diffs? Either way still a 6s truggy just a lot heavier and might like having the ride height for bashing anyways of the Kraton. So sorry guys what are the new suggestions for the Kraton as far as smaller upgrades/must do's and parts to keep on hand for breakages? If different at all from Talion.
Screenshot_20200831-221339.png

I would upgrade all the hinge pin retainers to solid aluminum. Front upper, front front, front rear, rear front, rear rear. Much better than the plastic/stamped plate that comes stock.

I’d also recommend a Robinson hardened steel pinion, I always shatter the arrma ones...

Enjoy your Talion, you made a great choice
Wish I ended up with the Talion but was falsely advertised as in stock and wasn't so ended up having to settle with the Kraton 6s

Just hoping I don't run into the Kraton diff issues I hear and see a ton about on here, or is it just the exb diffs? Either way still a 6s truggy just a lot heavier and might like having the ride height for bashing anyways of the Kraton. So sorry guys what are the new suggestions for the Kraton as far as smaller upgrades/must do's and parts to keep on hand for breakages? If different at all from Talion.
View attachment 97617

Wish I ended up with the Talion but was falsely advertised as in stock and wasn't so ended up having to settle with the Kraton 6s
I have a Kraton v4 so far no diff issues. Think that is mostly the EXB model with the diff issues...

Here's what I've done to mine so far:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/newsenseis-kraton-6s-build-thread.26545/

View attachment 97617

Yeah just the exb’s are having issues. I haven’t messed up a diff in my v4 yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back