so how do i get this off my typhon 6s v5 blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris tallman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
the thing that holds the other side of the rear center driveshaft and spins the rear wheels

IMG_20210920_185248.jpg

If it doesn't slide off its because its flooded with threadlock
Best is to remove the whole rear end and differential gear then punch the sungear from its @ss and everything will come apart

What are you actually trying to do? if its the drive cup you have to remove the grub screw, which you may have to apply some good heat to, in order to loosen up the threadlocker on it. But' I wask again what exactly are you trying to do?

On a V5 there should be no thread lock on the drive cup - it has that plastic SAFE-D sleeve and all you need to do is to unscrew the grub screw.

To get the drive cup off the input pinion you should take out the diff and then drive it out from the center of the diff cup using a punch. You could pry at it with a screwdriver without removing the diff but you’ll probably mangle the plastic sleeve and maybe mess up a bearing.

On a V5 there should be no thread lock on the drive cup - it has that plastic SAFE-D sleeve and all you need to do is to unscrew the grub screw.

To get the drive cup off the input pinion you should take out the diff and then drive it out from the center of the diff cup using a punch. You could pry at it with a screwdriver without removing the diff but you’ll probably mangle the plastic sleeve and maybe mess up a bearing.
Exactly what this guy said🤙🤙

take it off but the little screw in it is now stripped
Ur best best now is to Dremel the plastic piece off and either get something that you can force into that set screw or drill a set screw out. That plastic piece is really not necessary it shouldn't have been lactated in that plastic piece just keeps it from backing out and that's why they put it on there because people were stripping out the set screw. If you get that plastic piece off heat that screw up and try your best at getting it out but the heat will help

Ur best best now is to Dremel the plastic piece off and either get something that you can force into that set screw or drill a set screw out. That plastic piece is really not necessary it shouldn't have been lactated in that plastic piece just keeps it from backing out and that's why they put it on there because people were stripping out the set screw. If you get that plastic piece off heat that screw up and try your best at getting it out but the heat will help
thanks you kind person

thanks you kind person
Ur welcome. I know the pain it sucks. But u get that plastic piece off. I would try a star bit and hammer it in there or try force something in the set screw. If not u got probably drill it out. And if that doesn't work take and cut the hole ring pinion gear off and replace that and the cup.. best luck 👊👊🤞🤞

Ur welcome. I know the pain it sucks. But u get that plastic piece off. I would try a star bit and hammer it in there or try force something in the set screw. If not u got probably drill it out. And if that doesn't work take and cut the hole ring pinion gear off and replace that and the cup.. best luck 👊👊🤞🤞
plus i got to do it at 9pm and i got school plus a cross meet so i cant do it till friday ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :banghead: :banghead:
thanks anyway

hey so i got the plastic peace off no how would you get that stripped set screw off ?

hey so i got the plastic peace off no how would you get that stripped set screw off ?
Here:
heat that screw up and try your best at getting it out but the heat will help
I would try a star bit and hammer it in there or try force something in the set screw. If not u got probably drill it out. And if that doesn't work take and cut the hole ring pinion gear off and replace that and the cup.. best luck 👊👊🤞🤞

Mine I try and get a star bit and pound it in there so it's sung real snug blast it with a torch of some kind and twist it out.

If that doesn't work I go get my Dremel and a thin blade and make a notch in it till u get to set screw. And then with small flat head twist out.

Or cut it all the way off and just get new parts.

Alot people going say drill it but I never have any luck with that. Best luck

Mine I try and get a star bit and pound it in there so it's sung real snug blast it with a torch of some kind and twist it out.

If that doesn't work I go get my Dremel and a thin blade and make a notch in it till u get to set screw. And then with small flat head twist out.

Or cut it all the way off and just get new parts.

Alot people going say drill it but I never have any luck with that. Best luck
thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back