Big Rock So how long do you think this new set of RPM arms will last?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, how do the big rock arms compare to say typhon 6s rears? I'd bet the pivot pins are smaller but nothing a 5/32 drill bit and 4mm pins couldn't remedy..
My bro just bought a 4x2 vorteks boost..he said he's gonna try sticking a Max8 with 4268 into..🤣🤣 I see a pile of stripped parts in his future!! LOL Does the vorteks use the same arms as the big rock? I'm oblivious with regards to the Arrma 3s line.

Mine and my brothers both broke right at the arch near the middle..
My bro is too funny..he literally just handed me a bandit xl-5 in like new condition, along with the stock vxl electrics from a 4x4 rustler..that system would've been perfect for the boost? I'm thankful, but wtf? Max8!? Really?🤣🤣
No idea, as I don't have any experience with any of the typhons :ROFLMAO:
The real shame is that i've straight up wrecked this big rock with the RPM arms on it, and they've held up quite nicely. The extra-bendiness helps absorb some of that crash damage, which I'd wager has helped the truck survive as much of the abuse as it has. So it's a shame to see that RPM doesn't have the long lasting "bulletproof plastics" like they tout
They’ve gone up a bit. I never order just one thing from Jenny’s. I max out the shipping cost so it doesn’t stress me out too much. I’m glad I got a ton of extra parts when everything was cheaper a couple of years ago.

No the stock arms are not reversible. I know the RPM ones are but when they take the shape of a U literally I had to boil them first to make them able to be switched. And since boiling makes them even more flexible, they would look like an U again after a week.
Hmm, i boiled one of my front RPM arms before putting them on. Don't remember which one. But, one of them is still standing and one isn't. If i do grab another set, i might try boiling one and not the other. Then keeping track of how they both perform.

Hmm, i boiled one of my front RPM arms before putting them on. Don't remember which one. But, one of them is still standing and one isn't. If i do grab another set, i might try boiling one and not the other. Then keeping track of how they both perform.
That's me!! Tried this on that,but don't remember which that!! LOL 🤣🤣

News to me. Everywhere you go it seems RPM is the snake oil people are screaming about.

They may bow, but as long as they don't break, I wouldn't consider that a failure. Just an annoyance, and if it can be solved by occasionally rotating arms, that's a win in my book. The arrma 3s RPM arms breaking are, as I'm sure we can all agree, unacceptable. Coincidentally, i have had good luck with the upper RPM arms for the KEXB. I only swapped over the front upper arms and they are significantly improved over stock. More rigid (ironically) and no more breakages.

Unfortunately (I guess?), my big rock is my big sender.

Are the big rock arms reversible, like per side? (doesn't look like it). I hate when companies make arms that only fit on one corner of the truck, seems like a total cash grab. If both options suck, at this point i'm all about which is going to cost the least in the long run. If i break a stock arm on the front corner, I have to buy a whole new set. The RPM arms are reversible, so if I broke a left front I wouldn't need to buy a whole new set for another left front. Jenny's arms shipped are about $18. RPM is about $12 shipped, or $6 per F/R spare. That's a win for the RPM, unfortunately.
On the Slash you can't flip them they are left or right specific.

On the Slash you can't flip them they are left or right specific.
Well they don't randomly snap in half. So if bowing doesn't annoy you, at least they'll stay in one piece. I'd take a bowing but indestructible arm over one that randomly shatters at the same spot but it flippable.

Well they don't randomly snap in half. So if bowing doesn't annoy you, at least they'll stay in one piece. I'd take a bowing but indestructible arm over one that randomly shatters at the same spot but it flippable.
Like I said they are the best arms available, just a little annoying that they bow is all. I've never broken an Rpm arm on any of my Traxxas cars either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back