So I broke something!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy325

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
6F4143BB-AA37-4D69-9573-D71D3DE88434.jpeg
08D7D3B0-214B-4112-98CF-E93F97497D44.jpeg

Anyone know what parts I need to order? I’d love to have my Granite 4x4 BLX be more durable, as I pretty much torture the thing. Broke 2 wheelie bars in a month. One not an hour after putting it on. But.... I hit a mailbox post in front left side and destroyed the shock and support.

Also any recommended upgrades I should or could do while I’m in surgery mode? Are there any manuals or anything like that with this part goes here etc... I’m a noob to the RC world if you can’t tell. But I’m loveing it so much so far. (Even bought a 1/18 ruckus for my son, and thinking of trying to upgrade it to LiPo soon) thanks for the help.

You can go to their website and download a complete exploded view of the truck with part numbers as well as a list of all the part numbers and descriptions. I can tell you this though. If you keep hitting stuff at speed it's going to break no matter what upgrade you put on there.

Yeah I didn’t mean to hit the mailbox. I just got a little out of hand with it. I need to find a off road bmx course around me to play in the dirt / mud with it.

Do you have a link for the exploded view I have to be blind and couldn’t find it.

Thanks. If anyone has any recommendations for drop in shock replacements. I figure I may as well go ahead and upgrade them now while I will have it partially apart. Support arms looks like I will just be going with the Arrma direct OEM replacements. Any opinions on the T-bone bumpers? are they plastic or made of metal? Are they any good? I would like to really bash the crap out of this thing but don't want to buy new parts every week unless that is par for the course. I have spent almost all night last night and all day today searching for parts but am getting overwhelmed with it all. because its so new to me.

There is an entire thread in Granite Mega section dedicated to replacement shocks. T Bone stuff is just thicker plastic. No metal. Truck is pretty bullet proof. If you find yourself breaking it constantly then focus on improving your driving skills.

Local store had the shock body and lower support arms in stock. I also picked up some shock oil. 32.5.

Edited.

I got the cap off finally. But looks like I may have a torn o ring. Guess final assembly will have to wait until tomorrow as I didn’t get new o rings

Last edited:
In looking at the exploded view I’m not seeing the Oring as a separate part and can’t determine which I need from the list. Picture attached. Where my finger nail is is where the oring goes, anyone know what size it is?
88DAB0CE-7708-4329-9736-F928C7F4B7D0.jpeg

In looking at the exploded view I’m not seeing the Oring as a separate part and can’t determine which I need from the list. Picture attached. Where my finger nail is is where the oring goes, anyone know what size it is?View attachment 23183
In looking at the exploded view I’m not seeing the Oring as a separate part and can’t determine which I need from the list. Picture attached. Where my finger nail is is where the oring goes, anyone know what size it is?View attachment 23183
I think that goes under the cap. If you poked a hole in it it's no good now.

A trick I have learned with a arms is to boil them for about 5-10 minutes. Let them cool down. Then put them in a zip lock bag and just soak them in wd40, there should be enough that it puddles in the bag, let them soak overnight you can flip them around during this time if you want.

What this does is makes the plastic more malleable so they bend instead of break.

They will eventually break if you hit something hard enough enough times or the temp drops below freezing.

Last edited:
That is the part that screws into the shock body the oring I think keeps the oil in the shock.
Looking at the exploded diagram, that looks like it goes on after the shock piston, under the shock cap, but like you said it is hard to tell.

O-ring goes where the arrow is pointing. There isn’t a bladder on these shocks.
8F45FDD8-7539-4115-95EA-6DBFAB987216.jpeg

If it is that part I circled then I am just assuming that it goes on before you put the shock cap on.

Oh and the cap screws in on the ring section of the shock body. The rod screws into the inside of the shock body. Maybe I’ll call local shop and see if they know what size it could be.

The pet you circled attaches to the spring it’s a hard plastic shin that goes between the spring and the ride height spacer.

Oh and the cap screws in on the ring section of the shock body. The rod screws into the inside of the shock body. Maybe I’ll call local shop and see if they know what size it could be.
Sorry, wish I could be more help I don't have a Granite so just trying to do my best.

@bicketybam and @Jerry-rigged could probably answer your questions better than I could.

Sorry, wish I could be more help I don't have a Granite so just trying to do my best.

@bicketybam and @Jerry-rigged could probably answer your questions better than I could.
Bicketybam got it.

@slick2500 - these shocks are built upside down. The top of the shock body does not come off like a normal shock. The red ring is just a screw on collar that holds on the upper spring perch - which is what you circled in the exploded diagram. Everything internal loads from the bottom. Interesting design, I just wish they would have added threads to the shock body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back