Senton So i did a thing lol. 4076 2000kv 5s in a 3s senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s

Hi, how did you found it because I was going to try the 4076 1700kv on my Arrma Big Rock to run cooler with a bigger pinion because the BLX 2000kv seized after a couple of runs on 6s they are both made in China but the latest can be opened to clean and replace bearings if required not like the BLX because it was sealed and the bearings failed and I didn't got a replacement although it was still under warranty.

Hi, how did you found it because I was going to try the 4076 1700kv on my Arrma Big Rock to run cooler with a bigger pinion because the BLX 2000kv seized after a couple of runs on 6s they are both made in China but the latest can be opened to clean and replace bearings if required not like the BLX because it was sealed and the bearings failed and I didn't got a replacement although it was still under warranty.
So far so good... loads of pwr even with a 20tooth pinion and bigger tires
How did she hold up ??
Amazing bud. Cant keep the front wheels on the ground even at full speed
My prediction ...?

Lots of broken parts coming soon..????
All that's happening is my slipper keeps coming loose from trying to slow down. Getting 80mph

Clean and loctite the threads on the slipper!
I did that... and it's got so much pwr. It backs off after 4 or 5 runs. Or its slipping and burning the pads
I did that... and it's got so much pwr. It backs off after 4 or 5 runs. Or its slipping and burning the pads
https://photos.app.goo.gl/z7B5x8B9HxHbaYj78
My prediction ...?

Lots of broken parts coming soon..????
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LsMjEYxp4kFZhfgY8

Last edited:
yeah the stock motor one is pretty much a disposable item unfortunately.

yeah the stock motor one is pretty much a disposable item unfortunately.
Unfortunately it's a sealed item and it seized in a couple of runs with 6s with standard gearing and until now although it is still under warranty they did not replace it yet. Normally we purchase something from Europe and something goes wrong under warranty they replace it without to much question but I purchased the Arrma Nero big rock and paid good money and stopped after a couple of runs also discovered that the fault is from the motor that is made in China when I thought that it was made in US and even I have the Nero with the same motor that is also sealed and I can't do nothing because it is sealed too.

Nothing of Arrma is made in the USA dude. Horizon Hobby is a USA based Company yes. But 99% of RC products are China, Asia outsourced.
If it was purchased fairly recently with a reciept, Horizon should have sent you a free replacement, unless it was clearly user error.,
The motors are throw aways and un-serviceable for the most part. A wipe down and a drop of oil is about all you can/should do for more longeveity. And try to keep motor temps as cool as possible. The nature of the beast. So don't run them in the wet stuff if you can help it.(y)

Last edited:
Nothing of Arrma is made in the USA dude. Horizon Hobby is a USA based Company yes. But 99% of RC products are China, Asia outsourced.
If it was purchased fairly recently with a reciept, Horizon should have sent you a free replacement, unless it was clearly user error.,
Where I stay we don't have an Arrma dealer so I had to purchase it from abroad and I can't make contact with the dealer so I wrote to Horizon hobby but until now they didn't send me a replacement. I am still waiting for their reply.

You are in a tough situation. I agree. Horizon does have EU warranty service abroad. I don't know where you are. I am in the States. One phone call and a replacement is on the way quick unless on Back order. There is NO warranty in effect unless you purchased from an authorized channel with a valid receipt. Its a shame because Arrma does have the best support in the RC industry and many people choose Arrma for that reason alone. Me included. Good luck.:)

You are in a tough situation. I agree. Horizon does have EU warranty service abroad. I don't know where you are. I am in the States. One phone call and a replacement is on the way quick unless on Back order. There is NO warranty in effect unless you purchased from an authorized channel with a valid receipt. Its a shame because Arrma does have the best support in the RC industry and many people choose Arrma for that reason alone. Me included. Good luck.:)
I live in Europe and I purchased five Arrma rc vehicles, four from Poland and one from England and the one from Poland closed or changed the name and I can't make contact with him and he use to be an Arrma dealer and use to stock in Arrma rc models and parts, he also use to sell on Ebay that is how I found him because I don't speak polish but the site on Ebay was in English. I tried to send several emails to Arrma support and all I received is an automated email that referred me to Horizon hobby, at first they said that they couldn't help know it seems that they changed a bit and told me that I am correct to contact them and they want to know if the item is new when I purchased it and I sent them a photo of two of my models in the original boxes with the books, tools etc that comes with package. I also sent them the PayPal and Ebay receipts but since then I didn't receive nothing.
I don't know but they put me through so much hustle for just a motor when I am one of the first to purchase Arrma models in Malta does introducing them here and others are interested but if I tell them how I was treated they will stay back and purchase different makes from Malta like Traxxas and others.

Attachments

• 20190823_115132.jpg
    20190823_115132.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 35
The way to get a quick response and solution is to call on the phone. HH will help but it's always better to get them on the phone for real commitment and often replacements in short time. Arrma division of HH is amazing and they back the trucks we buy as long as we buy new and from verified dealers. This is what I've read time and again here but have never needed to warranty anything.
Redcat also very impressive and all it took for me to get a new esc from them was an email.
I'd only try to warranty electrics with anyone (any top hobby grade RC company) and so far, my only attempt has been very positive. No doubt Arrma and HH will keep you happy. They're very tuned in to building and maintaining brand loyalty.

The way to get a quick response and solution is to call on the phone. HH will help but it's always better to get them on the phone for real commitment and often replacements in short time. Arrma division of HH is amazing and they back the trucks we buy as long as we buy new and from verified dealers. This is what I've read time and again here but have never needed to warranty anything.
Redcat also very impressive and all it took for me to get a new esc from them was an email.
I'd only try to warranty electrics with anyone (any top hobby grade RC company) and so far, my only attempt has been very positive. No doubt Arrma and HH will keep you happy. They're very tuned in to building and maintaining brand loyalty.
I even told them that if they don't have a 2000kv because it is not available on their site I will also accept a 2050kv that is quite similar maybe I would have to change to a smaller pinion.
I thought to send an email because even if I call them they are going to ask me to send them receipts etc that I did so I don't know why they didn't assisted me and kept me happy after I purchased five new models.

I even told them that if they don't have a 2000kv because it is not available on their site I will also accept a 2050kv that is quite similar maybe I would have to change to a smaller pinion.
I thought to send an email because even if I call them they are going to ask me to send them receipts etc that I did so I don't know why they didn't assisted me and kept me happy after I purchased five new models.

I think they don't read or respond to emails as much as we wish they would. I imagine they get so many emails and so many people asking for replacements in email. In my honest opinion, if we call on the phone and explain our situation, they'll know us as adults and serious hobbyists. We can mention what we've spent and answer questions that may come up. I know it sounds sinister in a way but if we have them "on the spot" so to speak, they're more likely to help. This is what I think... but again, no real experience with Horizon Hobby. It sounds to me the best way to go after reading so many success stories here on our forum.

I think they don't read or respond to emails as much as we wish they would. I imagine they get so many emails and so many people asking for replacements in email. In my honest opinion, if we call on the phone and explain our situation, they'll know us as adults and serious hobbyists. We can mention what we've spent and answer questions that may come up. I know it sounds sinister in a way but if we have them "on the spot" so to speak, they're more likely to help. This is what I think... but again, no real experience with Horizon Hobby. It sounds to me the best way to go after reading so many success stories here on our forum.
I will try to find a contact number for international buyers so I could give it a try. Thanks maybe that will help although two different individuals replied to me so I think they read the emails. I will also check the time difference to see which is the best time to contact them.

So the 4076 heated up so much that my slipper clutch fused together and cant get the pads out or the bearing

So the 4076 heated up so much that my slipper clutch fused together and cant get the pads out or the bearing
I saw you said you ran 80 mph with that set up. Was that with a Senton body on? Mine would kite at a little over 50. Not sure how you could get it to stay on the ground at 80.

Edit: I'm talking mph. Are you talking KPH? That would make sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back