So I guess the cool thing to do now is make 1/24th scale stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kids have these tiny 1/24 or 1/32 things they got from Kmart which are actually pretty cool and fun to race around the house. They don't need to be super tough or anything but electronics that are better than AAA batteries would be good

My kids have these tiny 1/24 or 1/32 things they got from Kmart which are actually pretty cool and fun to race around the house. They don't need to be super tough or anything but electronics that are better than AAA batteries would be good
the ones losi made can run brushless up to 3s that's crazy man i don't see me doing it but i watched some vids on YouTube and they are stupid fast to be so small
the ones losi made can run brushless up to 3s that's crazy man i don't see me doing it but i watched some vids on YouTube and they are stupid fast to be so small
sad thing is the upgrades cost almost as much or more than my biggest rc cars but that's the fun part for a 1/24 at least it can be fully upgraded most don't have replacement parts ...I'll post a picture of two I seen on Ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521-032056_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-032056_eBay.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20190521-031952_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-031952_eBay.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20190521-032027_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-032027_eBay.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
even the purchase costs of those Losi's is high
I know its nuts man they don't make the sct or buggy anymore.. I think its discontinued or was but they still sell parts for them and the new rally car or crawler ...I'm not saying buy one I seen some go as low as 150 or 120 but i was still on the fence about them lol ...for something that small i don't see the money but I could be wrong it just shocked me they are fully upgradable like some guys have did some crazy builds with the carbon fiber chassis and full aluminum chassis I think they even have a delrin chassis it's crazy just alot of options

tbh that's the only reason I'd even consider buying one cause no matter what happens I can fix it .. parts out the wazoo for the little guys yet still stupid prices.. it does seems like they hold some value

I have at home a 1/18 WLToys 959 and 979, there you also can spend money like crazy. the faster car is with a 540 brushed motor and you even can put in a brushless system. But it's already horrible to drive with the upgraded 390 brushed motor...

I know its nuts man they don't make the sct or buggy anymore.. I think its discontinued or was but they still sell parts for them and the new rally car or crawler ...I'm not saying buy one I seen some go as low as 150 or 120 but i was still on the fence about them lol ...for something that small i don't see the money but I could be wrong it just shocked me they are fully upgradable like some guys have did some crazy builds with the carbon fiber chassis and full aluminum chassis I think they even have a delrin chassis it's crazy just alot of options

tbh that's the only reason I'd even consider buying one cause no matter what happens I can fix it .. parts out the wazoo for the little guys yet still stupid prices.. it does seems like they hold some value
I converted my 1/32 micro-t to a micro high roller. Really wish I could have found the micro-crawler at a reasonable price as the micro-high roller is still way fast for inside my house.

Me being me, I modified the chassis to put the esc/receiver board inside it. At the time, it was so I could strap NiMH 4 cell AAA packs onto it for ridiculously long run times. Now I run a 2S lipo velcro'd to the top deck. Still get a long run time, but now less heat due to less weight. I have the brushed/brushless board so I could use my normal spektrum radio as it came with an AM or FM system that was glitchy as frig. Also upgraded the servo, got the trans/diff case that's alloy with bearings on the input shaft and did the micro-sct diff mod so I can drive it without worrying much about the diff exploding. Also got the alloy shocks on it and made ball end linkage for the front end. I never did get a brushless motor for it... just the desert truck motor which is higher torque. I also put the larger micro-crawler spur on it to slow it down a bit.

I have the 1/24 micro sct as well, but it's too big/fast for inside the house and too small for outside. So it sits on the shelf. It has the brushless system in it.

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-MicroSCT01.jpg

Ball ends in the high roller to remove slop:
2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-BallEnds.jpg

Alloy trans case and you can see the chunk I cut out to fit the receiver/esc board inside. Oddly, doesn't overheat, then again, I have my throttle epa at 60% because it's too fast in the house:
2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-Side.jpg

I have the shocks upside down because they tend to leak when it sits. Also have the DT wheels/tires on it backwards to make it have a wider stance.

I wish they would show it by a soda can or something to give you an idea what "1/24th scale" looks like. I like the axial, it's almost what I'd want to fiddle around with in the house.

Last edited:
Yeah, my wife wouldn't care for me launching my outcast over the dining room table... I don't think. ;)
Worth a try to find out? :LOL:
I have at home a 1/18 WLToys 959 and 979, there you also can spend money like crazy. the faster car is with a 540 brushed motor and you even can put in a brushless system. But it's already horrible to drive with the upgraded 390 brushed motor...

I also have a couple wltoys with the 540 size brushed motor. When I bought them I thought I might upgrade to brushless but once I ran em I changed my mind. Brushed is plenty fast...almost too fast. I put some drift tires on the buggy and had some fun in a slick covered parking garage.

I’ve got a 1/14 Losi buggy, but I think that is about as small as I would want to go. It is already super-cramped, tricky to buy batteries for, and too fast for running in the basement but so small it sometimes gets hung up in the yard. Besides, I give it 50/50 that my dog tries to eat it if I drive something that small around the house!

im not into that small scale stuff. 1/10th or 1/8th for me.
I agree.
I've bought and built many 1/24th scale models but they are highly detailed display models. Absolutely useless as R/c vehicles for outside imho as even the smallest stone on road or shortest piece of grass could cause them problems. Could be fun on laminate flooring though but who's got a house big enough for that? Not me.

Just to give some "scale" for those that haven't seen the sort of size of 1/24th. Below is one of my models I made which is a Tamiya Subaru Impreza WRX Sti in 1/24th scale and it measures 7 inches end to end...
DSC_1131.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back