So i made my own 4s with the 2s i had and someone i know had a 3s with a bad cell.can i charge these as a 4s or charge then by them selves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s

Yes they are both 5000mha 50 gen ace

What someone else said, a death trap.
I'm not an expert at these things and how cells work but how would your ESC or battery charger seperate the bad cell from the others? I think it isn't going to work and you'd be just asking for trouble.

With separate balance connectors , you will have to charge them separately . Just make sure you have the balance connector wired up properly on the battery with the bad cell.

Everything was soldered just didnt have shrink tube
Nah just the overall idea sounds bad. How are you going to tell the esc not to use that one bad cell? My guess is that it would draw more voltage from it and make it even more dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd just buy a second 2s battery to go along with the 2s battery you already have instead.
Lipo's aren't anything to play with IMO if you don't exactly know what you're doing.

here is what needs to be done with balance cab;es to charge 2 2s as a 4s pack.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    113.1 KB · Views: 33
Nah just the overall idea sounds bad. How are you going to tell the esc not to use that one bad cell? My guess is that it would draw more voltage from it and make it even more dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd just buy a second 2s battery to go along with the 2s battery you already have instead.
Lipo's aren't anything to play with IMO if you don't exactly know what you're doing.
I've removed the bad sell, and made it a 2s, and then made a jumper, with two xt60 plugs to one xt90
Your right... but at the same time, I did this build with a volt meter and followed instructions very closely, so far it works. Just need to hook up the proper balance wire configuration

Last edited:
I've removed the bad sell, and made it a 2s, and then made a jumper, with two xt60 plugs to one xt90

Your right... but at the same time, I did this build with a volt meter and followed instructions very closely, so far it works. Just need to hook up the proper balance wire configuration
Oh right, I thought you left the bad cell in and you assumed you could just charge it as a 4s now lol, my bad.

Oh right, I thought you left the bad cell in and you assumed you could just charge it as a 4s now lol, my bad.
I might not look like the sharpest toole in the shed but ya... lmao I'll post a vid of it when I'm done, now I'm putting all this in my senton 3s, full 4s conversion

Attachments

• 1558390793965-2107315391.jpg
    1558390793965-2107315391.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 22
No.

Both batteries when running in series must be the same capacity, C rate, age and from the same manufacturer.

I would never run 2 random batteries in series together that is just asking for trouble.

No.

Both batteries when running in series must be the same capacity, C rate, age and from the same manufacturer.

I would never run 2 random batteries in series together that is just asking for trouble.
They are both 50c 5000mah, genc ace batterys, ones a bit older

I personally would not use them together the age difference between the two packs will mean that the older battery will put out less power than the newer one.

I personally would not use them together the age difference between the two packs will mean that the older battery will put out less power than the newer one.
It lasted a out 15mins with the two hooked together, I do have a 4s on order thou

Even battery manufacturers recommend not using old and new packs in series.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back