Typhon So I went a little wild on upgrades for my typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I went a little wild on upgrades for my Typhon this past week (my sons hpi too lol ). I’ve rebuilt and changed diff fluids, (recommended here). Upgraded to aluminum on several parts; center diff cup and mount, chassis braces, reared diff housing,(ordering front tomorrow) wheelie bar, servo mount and horn, rebuilt the shocks, a few other maintenance parts and probably my would be the 2.8 trenchers! Absolutely a blast to play with now! I loved working on it and doing these upgrades. What should I do next? Running 6s and 16t pinion. Anything I need to do to make it hold up better with the bigger tires? Go to a smaller pinion? I also noticed the servo having a harder time turning the tires while on the grass.

F4ACF2A0-E42F-45A2-B2A6-20031E800207.jpeg
5C23B709-28B6-4F21-BE8B-D9BA5CA21B08.jpeg

Thanks. I love how it looks now. I went with the badlands too not trenchers. I haven’t extended my hubs but I’m wanting too. What benefits will I get. Just a better look or performance too?

Do y’all know why the diff carrier case doesn’t come with both cases? Bought the hot racing aluminum case and it only come with the one section. I can’t even find the other section in aluminum. I also got the aluminum sway bar covers.

I think GPM is the only ones who make a full aluminum case or both halves. I haven't seen the HR top case, not saying they don't make it i just haven't seen one. Love the HR sway covers. Never had one pop out.

Yeh I’m wanting to get a new wing and body... thinking about blacking it out with maybe a little red in it? I’m wanting to get a different style body but haven’t been able to find anything. I would like to have some kind of rat rod or something of that nature

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back