Senton So I'm not entirely sure how I broke this tire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
  4. 4x4-Mega
Sooo I was just bashing my 6s Senton at the park in the grass and suddenly my tire falls off. I figure it was just yet another hex nut sacrifice to the bashing good but instead...

Nut came loose, wheel hex stripped, axle was spinning and burned a hole into the wheel, annnd then that happens. It used to happen to me all the time in my slash 4x4 because of the 12mm hexes... on my senton I haven’t had the issue yet, I always crank those hexes down.

Just curious, have you taken off the other wheels yet? I wonder if the hex itself is deeper than the hub hex is thick, which causes the tire to rub the axle carrier itself. With the torque of 6S... I could see it grinding away/heating up things. Odd that it happened to only one though if that's the case.

Just curious, have you taken off the other wheels yet? I wonder if the hex itself is deeper than the hub hex is thick, which causes the tire to rub the axle carrier itself. With the torque of 6S... I could see it grinding away/heating up things. Odd that it happened to only one though if that's the case.
No I haven't gotten a chance to just yet but I'll update when I get off duty.

Nut came loose, wheel hex stripped, axle was spinning and burned a hole into the wheel, annnd then that happens. It used to happen to me all the time in my slash 4x4 because of the 12mm hexes... on my senton I haven’t had the issue yet, I always crank those hexes down.
That happened to my rustler, nut was screwed one too many times, and back off a lil too much torque you got

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back