Granite So much for the budget friendly Granite 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Damn you Hot Racing!!! I just spent $160 on upgrades for my Granite. I ordered the metal pivot balls, steering blocks, c-hubs, rear hubs and the steering assembly. If they ever come out with HD wheel driveshafts, they will get even more of my money. This was truly an impulse buy because other than the pivot balls I don’t think I really need any of the other stuff, lol. I was going to get the same for my BRCC until I saw what my cart was at. Man this poop adds up fast!

50C54CC1-8C9B-47B0-A661-2AD4B7F4A82C.png

Damn you Hot Racing!!! I just spent $160 on upgrades for my Granite. I ordered the metal pivot balls, steering blocks, c-hubs, rear hubs and the steering assembly. If they ever come out with HD wheel driveshafts, they will get even more of my money. This was truly an impulse buy because other than the pivot balls I don’t think I really need any of the other stuff, lol. I was going to get the same for my BRCC until I saw what my cart was at. Man this poop adds up fast!

View attachment 26486
I have the bearing steering in my cart on ebay lol.

I just had a similar realization on my stampede 4x4. I noticed my front/rear diff outputs are getting wobbly. Probably just worn cups. Then I wanted to upgrade the center diff to aluminum. Then VG springs for my new GTR shocks my wife got me for Christmas. Then the tekno center shaft to replace the wrong one I had my wife get me for Christmas...

Instead of just getting diff cups, I ordered new completely new diffs/bulks on ebay for $65, springs $8, tekno shafts $25, spare spurs for the center diff $15, FLM alloy diff cup $25...

Could have gotten away with replacing the cups for $12, the FLM cup and spurs. Funny how $50 turns into $130 so quickly. :)

I bought a couple of RC trucks for me and my kid thinking it wouldn't be as expensive as my FPV Wing addiction. I was wrong. I am not even buying hop ups and it seems like I am at the local Hobby shop everyday laying down cash for parts.

View attachment 26486

What, no HR metal spur gear? I’m curious how those will be.

What, no HR metal spur gear? I’m curious how those will be.
I think that’s pointless. The plastic spur is really beefy. Maybe if I was running a larger motor.

I think that’s pointless. The plastic spur is really beefy. Maybe if I was running a larger motor.

I hope you are 100% right. The old Mega spurs were horrible. I converted my sons Mega over to BLX so hopefully all is well. Only thing different is I had bought a HW esc/motor combo 4000kv so we will see. Unfortunately if you gun it, the truck flips over on its back immediately and that’s using the 15t pinion and 2s Lipo.

I did exactly the same thing yesterday lol. Great minds think alike ;-)

I hope you are 100% right. The old Mega spurs were horrible. I converted my sons Mega over to BLX so hopefully all is well. Only thing different is I had bought a HW esc/motor combo 4000kv so we will see. Unfortunately if you gun it, the truck flips over on its back immediately and that’s using the 15t pinion and 2s Lipo.

Are you running the HW Max10 SCT with the 3660 4000kv motor? I run the same setup on my BRCC. Perfect power system for this platform IMO

Are you running the HW Max10 SCT with the 3660 4000kv motor? I run the same setup on my BRCC. Perfect power system for this platform IMO

What did you not like about the stock BLX?

I absolutely hated Thermal Cutoff, and not as programmable as the HW. The HW setup is much smoother as well. Max10 SCT has 6v/7.4v switchable BEC.

Some people say the BLX system is made by HW, it could be as they look similar. But I tried to plug in my HW LCD Programmer to the BLX system and it would not connect. I have HW ESCs in a couple cars, I like the convenience of plugging in the programmer to make adjustments as opposed to programming with lights.

The HW Max10 SCT and 3660 4000kv combo is $139. Sold the BLX system to offset the price. To me, it was well worth the investment. The truck is smoother, have never had thermal cutoff, and the 4000kv motor rips.

The old mega spurs we're 48p and the BLX spurs are 32p. The 32p gears are much bigger.

Before the BLX came out I ran several different combos in my Mega. I run 3s and the 3200 Kv BLX system is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I think 4000 would be too high a KV. I ran a 3800 castle system and even that was a hair too much for my liking.

Before the BLX came out I ran several different combos in my Mega. I run 3s and the 3200 Kv BLX system is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I think 4000 would be too high a KV. I ran a 3800 castle system and even that was a hair too much for my liking.
I'm surprised it doesn't run overly hot, especially on 3S. I'm thinking of getting the arrma 3200kv motor to throw in my stampede as my castle sct sv3/3800kv motor runs pretty warm on 2S. I'm running 3S now with as small a pinion as I can fit (motor bottoms out), but I haven't run it much when it was over 50F outside. Guessing a 3200kv will suit my needs a bit better. Especially since the stampede is a bit larger than the granite, so I'm guessing it's heavier.

My hobbywing controller works in both my BLX ESC's.

Which controller do you have? I have the LCD Program Box HW-BQ2013. I tried several times and could not get it to connect.

Both me and my buddy with a BLX Granite encounter thermal cutoff almost every time we've taken them out. Which exact power systems did you have? The HW 3660 4000kv is just right for my liking. Different drivers have different preferences.

I had several Castle systems in it. 4600 and 3800. Both would thermal. I've never had the stock BLX system tjermal in either of my trucks. 3s only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back