Kraton So this arrived yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montenegro1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
My new V3 arrived yesterday. Waiting on the TBR bumbers/wheelie bar before I take it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_174228.jpg
    IMG_20181204_174228.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20181204_174218.jpg
    IMG_20181204_174218.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20181204_195143.jpg
    IMG_20181204_195143.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 54
If I don't add the bumpers it will be in pieces within minutes.

My new V3 arrived yesterday. Waiting on the TBR bumbers/wheelie bar before I take it out.

Congrats! While you are waiting, check/shim the diffs and change the diff oil :) It will help pass the time.

Congrats! While you are waiting, check/shim the diffs and change the diff oil :) It will help pass the time.

Yes I've been watching some videos on how to complete those tasks. I'm not much of a mechanic.

Yes I've been watching some videos on how to complete those tasks. I'm not much of a mechanic.

You better learn to be or you won’t like this hobby. You will eventually have to work on these trucks unless you have a LHS that you are willing to pay. It’s not that hard and it becomes fun :)

You better learn to be or you won’t like this hobby. You will eventually have to work on these trucks unless you have a LHS that you are willing to pay. It’s not that hard and it becomes fun :)

Yes I've been learning a lot from this forum and also watching YouTube.

@bicketybam , where can I get the shims from?
The Mugen E0206 shime set, is pretty complete for the inside of the difs. Also try to hunt down some discontinued Team Durango sets. Check Amain, Tower, ebay and so on. I ordered mine from Amain.

Yes I will check LHS for these and the diff fluid.
Have you decided what dif fluid combo or are you going to run stock first? I went 60/500/30 f/c/r. Wheelies like crazy on 6s, but haven't had a good dirt/grass run yet to see how it handles. Good luck and enjoy!

Have you decided what dif fluid combo or are you going to run stock first? I went 60/500/30 f/c/r. Wheelies like crazy on 6s, but haven't had a good dirt/grass run yet to see how it handles. Good luck and enjoy!

Surely I will do 500K in the middle. Not sure about the front and rear yet.

I've heard of people using one million for the middle as well. What's the benefit of one over the other?

I've heard of people using one million for the middle as well. What's the benefit of one over the other?
The heavier the fluid in the center, the more even the distribution of power to front and rear. Some people lock the center dif, but usually for speed rigs. 500k should be plenty for general bashing. Stock is only 7/10/7. Search "did fluid" on these forums, and you"ll find all the info you need.

The heavier the fluid in the center, the more even the distribution of power to front and rear. Some people lock the center dif, but usually for speed rigs. 500k should be plenty for general bashing. Stock is only 7/10/7. Search "did fluid" on these forums, and you"ll find all the info you need.

Thanks for the advice.

I ran 1M in the center diff of my Outcast but I used it in the woods a lot. On and off of trails. It helps the truck get over logs and huge rocks/boulders. I wouldn't run over 500K if your going to be using it on pavement and grass only.

Well my Kraton was "out for delivery" yesterday, but got pushed back to today by Fedex, aaarrgggh!! Now I have to make it through another day at work while constantly thinking about my 1st run with an infamous Kraton. Hope the two brain surgery patients Im operating on this morning don't mind me making 6s screaming electric motor sounds while Im inside their brain muhahahahah. ZOOOM, ZOOOOM, JUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!

Well my Kraton was "out for delivery" yesterday, but got pushed back to today by Fedex, aaarrgggh!! Now I have to make it through another day at work while constantly thinking about my 1st run with an infamous Kraton. Hope the two brain surgery patients Im operating on this morning don't mind me making 6s screaming electric motor sounds while Im inside their brain muhahahahah. ZOOOM, ZOOOOM, JUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!

That's the worst!!! Waiting for something to come in, counting the days till it arrives, and then they push back the delivery date. Haha :-(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back