So. We went to the park today with half my cars (regular park not skatepark).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
My step daughter is extremely persuasive. A while back she made a 6 year old friend at the park who’s mom boyfriend had a daughter that was my kids age (8) who wanted to get together for a ‘play date’ and blah blah blah…

So we met at the park yesterday. The dad had said his son was interested in my RC cars so I brought the Granite, typhon, MT10 and vorteks inbred/hybrid and my kids small cars. The kid had never driven an RC so I gave him the mt10 first. He drove well so I let him drive the vorteks and even my granite (speed turned down of course) next while the girls played with the small RCs.

It was funny, every time the boy ran into something I’d see him look over at me real quick in a panic and I’d simply say ‘that’s what you don’t do’ and kind of laugh. I gave him driving hints that he picked up quick. It was a nice day over all and I was even sociable with the dad. Which was weird but okay.

I think I have to get used to this. My step daughter is very social and constantly soliciting friends at the park. I get why, she never had these opportunities to make friends with her father. So we go with it, she really needs a little group of friends. Since it’s usually the moms there I give them my wife’s number and let her set up the plans at first.

Yup, I gotta get used to this, and it really was a nice day at the park.

Last edited:
That's awesome man way to go Dad! Sounds like there will be lots more days like this so get yourself prepared for those awkward moments and people😂
Yeah. Have to be nice. Or at least…kinda nice. Maybe even considerate 🙄🙃

My step daughter is extremely persuasive. A while back she made a 6 year old friend at the park who’s mom boyfriend had a daughter that was my kids age (8) who wanted to get together for a ‘play date’ and blah blah blah…

So we met at the park yesterday. The dad had said his son was interested in my RC cars so I brought the Granite, typhon, MT10 and vorteks inbred/hybrid and my kids small cars. The kid had never driven an RC so I gave him the mt10 first. He drove well so I let him drive the vorteks and even my granite (speed turned down of course) next while the girls played with the small RCs.

It was funny, every time the boy ran into something I’d see him look over at me real quick in a panic and I’d simply say ‘that’s what you don’t do’ and kind of laugh. I gave him driving hints that he picked up quick. It was a nice day over all and I was even sociable with the dad. Which was weird but okay.

I think I have to get used to this. My step daughter is very social and constantly soliciting friends at the park. I get why, she never had these opportunities to make friends with her father. So we go with it, she really needs a little group of friends. Since it’s usually the moms there I give them my wife’s number and let her set up the plans at first.

I bet that kid will remember you forever now, good on you for being a positive example into the hobby we all love.

Last edited:

That's a great time for your daughter!!! I promise she notices that stuff and how well you interact set it up for her to mimic and mold her own. It was weird when mine started the whole sleep over thing. As id rather my kids and any other kiddos to be at my house. That way I knew wasnt any weirdos around. Lol.

And whether unsocial folks like it or not a nice interaction with other adults help keep our sanity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back