So what crazy good deal did you find?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Ok folks.....

Sometimes there are crazy good deals out there, especially this time of year.

Share a good deal you got on this thread, maybe you can give someone a heads up on a deal they didn't know of!

I'll start by saying CNHL has posted some good deals

Ok folks.....

Sometimes there are crazy good deals out there, especially this time of year.

Share a good deal you got on this thread, maybe you can give someone a heads up on a deal they didn't know of!

I'll start by saying CNHL has posted some good deals
I went full potato on some FMS Max Smashers. Also got some hop ups for them. 😎🤘

So… the question is what did you buy Jon?! 😉

I went full potato on some FMS Max Smashers. Also got some hop ups for them. 😎🤘

So… the question is what did you buy Jon?! 😉
I wish I bought more.... This year hasn't changed much for me....

Inside info for @Hammer Down

Fireteam for $399 and Typhon 3s for $239 both are very good deals. HH.
Torn on that Typhon, always wanted one but not sure I want another 3S rig, they are fun but come on Arrma... Plastic Diffs on a MSRP: $340 rig....

After blowing up another plastic diff in my Granite I sent them an email saying they should include 4S metal diffs on all 3S! :LOL:... Don't think its going happen.

Edit: Maybe if the entire forum submits the same feedback? (y) (y) (y) :cool:

Last edited:
Eyeballin the Kraton 8s EXB roller for $489..😳
You must obey the force of 8s
plotting darth vader GIF

Come to the dark side!!!!!

Eyeballin the Kraton 8s EXB roller for $489..😳
That is one nice deal, Tempting, just still I'm on the fence with those 8s rigs.:confused:

Can't get myself to go against my gut feeling in regards. Everytime I look at it , I just say No way. Not for me. The headaches, effort, $$ and all. And I was all hyped up when it was first released. I let the dust settle, early chassis issues etc and all. Didn't like how Arrma/HH treated first adopters etc. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Still has issues to this day.
I can't wrap my head around it . We all have different tastes.
It absolutely must be one of Arrma's slow sellers at this price point.

But this is a great deal for one considering it.

That is one nice deal, Tempting, just still I'm on the fence with those 8s rigs.:confused:

Can't get myself to go against my gut feeling in regards. Everytime I look at it , I just say No way. Not for me. The headaches, effort, $$ and all. And I was all hyped up when it was first released. I let the dust settle, early chassis issues etc and all. Didn't like how Arrma/HH treated first adopters etc. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Still has issues to this day I can't wrap my head around. We all hve different tastes.
It is absolutely must ebe one of Arrmas slow sellers at this price point

But this is a great deal for one considering it.

@SrC, do it man! I bet you will actually love them, I umm have a couple now :)

Also pick up a 4x4 rig already, haha!

Just the size alone does appeal to me if anything. (y)
But at 30 pounds......:whistle:
Did it really have to end up being that heavy??:unsure:

Hehe, they are tanks. If you get one and tear it down you will see there is not really much room to cut weight.... At least I couldn't find any. Metal chassis on a rig that big and the beefcake gears just add up. I have an M2C chassis on one of mine and yea it rings in around 30lb.

The driving experience at least for me was totally different than anything I have driven RC related. On grass I am not too impressed but as soon as I got it on the street its an animal.

Buddy picked up an Outcast 8S RTR and loves the thing, compared to his X-Maxx its just a totally different kind of fun.

One thing.. I think the engineers over at Horizon really did try to beefcake the drive train and did fall short with some of the "supporting" components. I don't drive too hard but other 8S bashers found the weaknesses pretty fast. Diff cups, center diff screws backing out, spotty quality control on the arms (some seem to break pretty easily, I have not broken one yet), RTR shock piston holes undersized (causes shock shafts to bent pretty quick), and bulk head screws pulling out.. Perhaps I just need more drive time.

Last edited:
Yeah I know by the way I drive all my 1/8 rigs, that I would be pulling my hair out with the many common nuisance breakages many have with the 8s rigs.. I don't mind breaking an arm on my 6s Kraton every dozen runs or so. Inexpensive at that. But if I did this every other run on my 8s rig, I would be really really pissed. I've been RC'ing so long that I know what turns me off. And Arrma diffs have always been a problem with all their lines to begin with. By comparison to some other brands. I hate being a slave to common issues. While Arrma is laughing all the way to the bank.
Excuse me for being cynical here.:giggle:

I know..... It's pretty Big, be nice to trim it by 10 pounds. Nothing about them is cheap.....

but for those of us who like that kind of poison......

I will say that 6S does prevail for being a sweet spot for most.

I recently joined the 6S crew. Looking over the truck it looks very well designed. I can see why people like the Kraton 6S RTR. One thing though.. Arrma QA/QC is still....... Some screws had loctite, some didn't.. Fluid Levels.... Mesh..

The EXB diffs in the Mojave EXB had tons of output cup play... Still not entirely sure whats up there, I need to tear them down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back