Notorious So what does everyone's bench look like as it stands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the living room behind the bed ?

Attachments

• IMG_20191204_003132.jpg
    IMG_20191204_003132.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 73
20191203_194051~2.jpg

That Redcat Gen8 just arrived tonight or it wouldn't even have been on the bench.

Honestly, this hardly even counts as a work bench. I've set up a folding table in my living room since it's cold in the garage and I'm home alone for a while. It is pretty nice to work on my RCs while listening to Law and Order episodes but this won't last forever...

Same as above. I get short amounts of time in the garage so I leave everything out ready for my next 15 mins.

The left side of the work space is full of things I'm using to wetsand the mold (visible on the lower shelf). Prepping for the final body once I find some money...

20191203_213328.jpg

I have too much going on these days to satisfy my anal retentiveness. My workbench is a dirt pile at the moment.
I wish I had the space for a drill press... I'd buy one in a heartbeat! So many jobs would be so much easier. Oh well. You do what you can with what you have I guess.
Started in my dining room with the rack on the right having a couple trucks in it (xxx-nt and t-maxx I think). This is where I worked on/stored them from 2000-2006:
2004-1102-WorkArea-Messy.JPG

Then I decided to get rid of a couple fish tanks (a 30gal and 20gal) and bought a work bench:
2006-0905-OfficeWorkBench.JPG

Then along the line I got rid of my final 50gal tank, bought more racks/stands for stuff and everything is jammed full of parts and tires:
2019-0417-WorkBench.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had the space for a drill press... I'd buy one in a heartbeat! So many jobs would be so much easier. Oh well. You do what you can with what you have I guess.
Started in my dining room with the rack on the right having a couple trucks in it (xxx-nt and t-maxx I think). This is where I worked on/stored them from 2000-2006:
2004-1102-WorkArea-Messy.JPG

Then I decided to get rid of a couple fish tanks (a 30gal and 20gal) and bought a work bench:
2006-0905-OfficeWorkBench.JPG

Then along the line I got rid of my final 50gal tank, bought more racks/stands for stuff and everything is jammed full of parts and tires:
2019-0417-WorkBench.jpg
I see plenty of room for a drill press! It may seem blasphemous, but you can probably sell a single truck and get that and a belt sander! That drill press cost me 150 bucks off of Craigslist. Same with the belt sander. It's the neverending saga, more tools, or more toys????
I see plenty of room for a drill press! It may seem blasphemous, but you can probably sell a single truck and get that and a belt sander! That drill press cost me 150 bucks off of Craigslist. Same with the belt sander. It's the neverending saga, more tools, or more toys????
That's an awesome time lapse by the way!

Do you store Nitro fuel in the house?

Last edited:

Do you store Nitro fuel in the house?

It's not the cost that makes me not have the drill press, it's the lack of room. My office is literally covered on every wall without a spare 18" to put anything. Was way easier to have space when I had 2 trucks... I'm guessing the guys with 20+ trucks have a garage or somethign to store everything in. As it is, I'd need to move to a 3-bedroom to have a fully dedicated RC room and an office in another room.

I live in a 3rd floor apartment, so everything is stored inside my office which is my RC room. Best to keep nitro in a place that doesn't get too cold and out of sunlight to avoid condensation/water absorption and UV damage.

Hey, you'll receive no judgement from me, I get it! I rebuilt my Datsun 510 engine in a second floor rental with a skinny curved staircase. It was pretty sketchy carrying it down once I was done, but that's what roommates are for, right? All I meant to say is when there's a will, there's a way! If it got desperate, I would put a furniture dolly under the base of my drill press, add some brackets and uprights for a seat, and use it for a chair. I know absolutely nothing about the storage of nitro fuel, that's why I asked. It makes total sense that you would want to keep it stable and away from UV. I'm one of those people that has a mental meltdown if I have too many projects. I just focus all of my attention on one or two at a time. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back