So where is the light show/smoke??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So I had three batteries that were ready for the crap heap. Each had a bad cell and they either wouldn't charge or took 2 hours. So I got each as close to storage charge as I could and took the to the fire pit.

First thing I did was find a nice one piece of wood from one of my leftover woodworking projects. Then I took the longest deck nakil I had and screws it through. In the firepit goes lipo #1. I smack the crap out of it. Holes galore. Nothing. I flip it over. I beat it again. Nothing. I'm puncturing it good and nothing. Oh well.

Next I throw the 4S lipo on. Whack, whack, whack. Success! I get a puff of smoke! It smokes a little and just dies out. I whack the crap out of it again. Nothing.

So now I go to my last 3S lipo. See lipo #1.. nothing. So I group them all together and dowse them with lighter fluid. I light it up waiting for the fireworks. Nothing. I keep adding fluid. Nothing. I kept going until it was a smoldering pile of ash. I never got the smoke show o was expecting. Very disappointed ?

You mean these aren’t the ticking time bomb hand grenades that everyone on the internet says they are? I think a video of you squirting lighter fluid on Lipos in a fire woulda been as entertaining as the Lipos exploding haha

You mean these aren’t the ticking time bomb hand grenades that everyone on the internet says they are? I think a video of you squirting lighter fluid on Lipos in a fire woulda been as entertaining as the Lipos exploding haha
I should of videod it ?

I did the same with a 3s lipo, drove a nail in it and nothing, not even a puff of smoke, we were all bummed out. Now if one was in my car and something went wrong, I'm sure it would burn to the ground.

Yes, but keep in mind that Lipo's are the least reactive at storage charge. It gets more interesting above it but by all means it is all about how they fail. I would have expected a little more as well but not necessarily explosive fireworks. That does happen when they are closer to full charge, all that stored energy needs to go somewhere.

Yes, but keep in mind that Lipo's are the least reactive at storage charge. It gets more interesting above it but by all means it is all about how they fail. I would have expected a little more as well but not necessarily explosive fireworks. That does happen when they are closer to full charge, all that stored energy needs to go somewhere.
I'll charge them up next time! ?

That's All Folks! My Looney Tunes Memories My favorite Looney Tunes characters are not Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck but minor characters like Marvin the Martian and The three Bears by Chuck Jones. Looney Tunes Cartoons, Funny Cartoons, Looney Tunes Funny, Cartoon Humor, Watch Cartoons, Thats All Folks, Marvin The Martian, Saturday Morning Cartoons, Classic Cartoons

I love that little dude! ?
I had a tee shirt of Marvin the Martian in my mid 20's. It lasted 20 years until it just disintegrated. I was so bummed ☹️

gotta be an older dude to appreciate this reference, loved this when I was a young guy.

Ed, turn that camera on next time....enquiring minds like to watch.

cheers,
k

Put a really long extension on your charger, set it to NiMH mode and let it go at max amps. Should get some sort of smoke show eventually then. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back