Mojave So who else hates the velcro on your Mojave body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da Spanky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
so I took the freaking velcro off the inside of my body, all it did was catch grass and crap anyways,sure makes it faster now to just drop the body back on the chassis, oh I also converted my body post to the Proline spin on caps

I honestly like it. Lets me secure the body without clips during transport or storage. I don't run in grass so i haven't had any issues with it catching. I also like the fact it keeps the side panels from "flopping" around at higher speeds.

Hi guys...
First post, but upon opening the box and trying to remove the body from the car, the Velcro didn't stay with the body... (both pieces stayed with the chassis and took away pieces of the sticker where the Velcro was glued on..)

I got to agree with the OP on this.. Not a great idea..

Other than that, I'm loving this 1/7 scale..

My velcro is attached to the Scorched fendes, but… both velco sides are on it Now. The velco side that was attached to the body is now on the velcro on the fenders (I made the sticky part no longer sticky), so now it is just a ‘cushion‘ between body and fenders.
When I got the car I liked the idea of the velcro, but that lasted about two runs I think. Once the Scorched fenders were installed, the airflow changed, so I no longer use the velcro.

Same here... Today, only after 1 run of battery, the Velcro no longer fit any purpose.. But if you like the idea of the Velcro, you could try to use some 3M Velcro (it does come in different widths). In my opinion, the one used by the manufacture is neither, good quality and/or not wide enough to have some serious grip on the body.. Yet I think the Velcro does an important job of keeping the body stable on the centre mount where the bottom of the roll cage does sit...

Hi guys...
First post, but upon opening the box and trying to remove the body from the car, the Velcro didn't stay with the body... (both pieces stayed with the chassis and took away pieces of the sticker where the Velcro was glued on..)

I got to agree with the OP on this.. Not a great idea..

Other than that, I'm loving this 1/7 scale..
yeah, don't know why or how my velcro is still sticking like it should after the last year or so, but it will just be a matter of time before it will be magnet time......

yeah, don't know why or how my velcro is still sticking like it should after the last year or so, but it will just be a matter of time before it will be magnet time......
To be honest, it is only one side that has been really off since I open the box... Who knows... dust, maybe a bit of oil left on the Lexan, assembled on Friday.. :)

After my first Mojave I bought an EXB.

First thing I did was run a thin bead of black super glue I had laying around along the top and bottom of the velcro strip.

A splash of isopropyl alcohol and it'll cure instantly :)

After my first Mojave I bought an EXB.

First thing I did was run a thin bead of black super glue I had laying around along the top and bottom of the velcro strip.

A splash of isopropyl alcohol and it'll cure instantly :)
I'm working on a similar path to yours... Bought the BLX and then hand picked the EXB parts that I wanted. As far as the Velcro, I'll try to use the wider 3M brand first, and if that doesn't work (but it should), I'll adopt the same pin technique that we use in the 1/5 scale (same system as the bonnet) but with 8 pin all up. If it works for the 1/5 scale, it should work for the 1/7 as well...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back