So who wants to be the Guinee pig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
The towers look beefy, but if we're to buy a chassis I'd rather pony up the few extra bucks & just get m2c. I hate the thought of risking my hard earned $$ on what may be crappily machined parts when I KNOW what I'm getting w/ m2c. Just me🤷‍♂️
If you notice both are copies of the M2C Racing parts and they stole their name from a legitimate rc company. https://www.fid-racing.com/

If you notice both are copies of the M2C Racing parts and they stole their name from a legitimate rc company. https://www.fid-racing.com/
That dragon hammer & volt actually look pretty bada$$! If I hadn't just bought some exb towers for my kraton I'd probably give em a shot, but I'm definitely holding out for the m2c chassis

That dragon hammer & volt actually look pretty bada$$! If I hadn't just bought some exb towers for my kraton I'd probably give em a shot, but I'm definitely holding out for the m2c chassis
Iirc there isn't a whole lot of support for those cars in the states. :confused:

Idk those look quite a bit different from the M2C towers.

M2C
1670561180369.png

GPM

1670561210447.png

FID Racing store.

1670561253133.png

Yea I suppose they do, it’s been awhile since I’ve looked closely at the M2C ones. 🤷‍♂️

Only reason I know what they look like is I had and broke one of the M2C shock towers, I even got the What did you break today award for September 2021 from that :ROFLMAO:

AUGUST 2021 ARRMA FORUM AWARD.png

-edit- Pics of said damage.
20210927_230554.jpg
20210927_230537.jpg

Apparently, that FID stuff is popular with DBXL 2.0 guys. The DBXL I just bought came with a bunch of it and it seems like I'm seeing it in a lot of videos. I've yet to see any complaints and what I'm seeing on my DBXL looks nice.

They have a few different interesting things. Kind of tempted to try an Outcast 6s chassis.

Never seem to hear much about GPM on here, is their stuff any good or no?

Never seem to hear much about GPM on here, is their stuff any good or no?
I've had mixed experiences with their parts. Their old style shock towers were junk pot metal cast aluminum and bent real easy. I have their c hubs and axle carriers on my Slashpede 4x4 and those have been amazing.

GPM has been pretty good to me so far. I think their tie rods work well and I also run their knuckles and lower suspension arms up front. Generally speaking, I think it's important to be selective with what you replace with aluminum. That being said, I think GPM is alright for the money.

Apparently, that FID stuff is popular with DBXL 2.0 guys. The DBXL I just bought came with a bunch of it and it seems like I'm seeing it in a lot of videos. I've yet to see any complaints and what I'm seeing on my DBXL looks nice.
Losi did a nice job with the dbxl from the 5T platform and while the Dragon hammer looks badass with that solid rear axle, I believe the losi's would handle better with the independent suspension. Glad to see there using zenoah motors with a tuned pipe. The right tuned pipe on these gassers wakes the beast up. Looks like lots of billet on these monsters. For you speed demons, they will never keep up with your electrics, but I do miss the throaty badass sound of those gas motors! Its nice to have so many choices today in RC.

Yup, for the DBXL-E the FID line is one of the only ones who support this truck. It’s mostly them or Vitavon. Unless you’re brave enough to try the bottom feeders on AliExpress these two companies are the best in terms of quality. Not exactly inexpensive in either case, though. I’ve no complaints at all with the quality of the FID stuff I’ve used, it’s top notch in my experience. And a little less money than Vitavon.
Recycled pop can parts.
Not in the case of FID. They have their act together for sure. Only billet 7075-T6 aluminum and high quality machining and finishing. Tough stuff, and pretty. I don’t have a lot of experience with GPM outside of the stuff I’ve bought for my TRX trucks, but I couldn’t complain about them either, it’s been nice and well machined stuff IMO.

I were more of a basher, I would consider buying these shock towers and chassis. I mostly run in my mostly-dirt half acre backyard with a few small jumps, so I don't really need the amount of durability that these or M2 Racing parts provide. It is nice to see M2C has some competition.

Yup, for the DBXL-E the FID line is one of the only ones who support this truck. It’s mostly them or Vitavon. Unless you’re brave enough to try the bottom feeders on AliExpress these two companies are the best in terms of quality. Not exactly inexpensive in either case, though. I’ve no complaints at all with the quality of the FID stuff I’ve used, it’s top notch in my experience. And a little less money than Vitavon.

Not in the case of FID. They have their act together for sure. Only billet 7075-T6 aluminum and high quality machining and finishing. Tough stuff, and pretty. I don’t have a lot of experience with GPM outside of the stuff I’ve bought for my TRX trucks, but I couldn’t complain about them either, it’s been nice and well machined stuff IMO.
Glad you have experience as I really wasn't sure. Looks can be deceiving but it sure looks quality. I just got the dbxl yesterday and waiting on the servo to even try it 🤣. Heard I might need to upgrade to metal gear boxes and fid is definitely who I'm going with as they're much cheaper than vitavon.

my question would be, if the parts are from the same metal i would think they would hold up similar?
unless theres some heat treatment i don't know about.

my question would be, if the parts are from the same metal i would think they would hold up similar?
unless theres some heat treatment i don't know about.
You just asked the perfect question. 7075 aluminum is a premium aerospace alloy. The hardening process (different for specific applications) is what makes a huge difference in the suitability and longevity of the part. The T6 hardening process is great, expensive, and yields a super hard product. Metallurgists will sometimes say that different levels of anodizing can affect the finished hardness, but I think the end result would only be a negligible difference. Forum members have complained about the Arrma EXB chassis after bending them have doubted that it was made of 7075 aluminum. I have no doubt that they are, they’re probably just not 7075-T6. If they were they would likely break in a hard impact and not bend. That my theory, anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back