So who's bought an Outcast 8s..?? (in the UK) or anywhere else..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one it's not even funny..!! ? and to make matters worse, I've just been told that I'm due a bonus at work this month..??

Love the looks of it, with its new candy red paint ? but not sure where I could even run it..!!

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one it's not even funny..!! ? and to make matters worse, I've just been told that I'm due a bonus at work this month..??

Love the looks of it, with its new candy red paint ? but not sure where I could even run it..!!
Just buy one! It’s only $$

That is hilarious, he had done a video about new things a couple weeks ago where he said he wasn't going to get it because he already had a Kraton and his speed car and etc. etc.
HH probably sent him one and said not to say ??

Edit:
Which is fine by me btw. He’s the ultimate durability tester. Haha

Tumble wumble!

I only wish they had given one to Vas. So we could have gotten a normal persons driving experience as opposed to the ultimate basher ..

Last edited:

Get it now. They are going to sell out quick. BTW, my V1.5 K8S has been way more durable out of the box than my 6s Arrma rigs. That durability is should transfer over to the O8S

My V1.5 K8S has been way more durable out of the box than my 6s Arrma rigs. that durability should transfer over to the O8S

This is what I've been thinking..!!?

I've had an EXB on pre-order since it was announced now due 22-24 Aug..

I like the thought of the Outcast 8s and its durability out the box, but what scares me is the cost of upgrades etc..? ( I cant help myself ? )

If the Outcast behaves like the K8 what if any mods need to be done to it asap.??

This is what I've been thinking..!!?

I've had an EXB on pre-order since it was announced now due 22-24 Aug..

I like the thought of the Outcast 8s and its durability out the box, but what scares me is the cost of upgrades etc..? ( I cant help myself ? )

If the Outcast behaves like the K8 what if any mods need to be done to it asap.??
Personally for me, I'm not a speed freak, so the only things I've upgraded on my K8S are the driveshafts (7mm GPM, because the stock ones at 5mm bend after every big jump), replaced the receiver with a cheap $25 SPECTRUM 2 channel one (original one died after 4 runs and I don't use AVC), and I put a 23t pinion to achieve about 50mph on the road and about 45mph on grass/dirt. That speed is plenty for huge jumps off even my small ramps. That's it! Everything is holding up so far for 10-20ft jumps for me. If you jump higher then the stock chassis might bend. I'm fine so far. I did have to use 9400 75C SMC batteries to get decent run times. My stock 6s Kraton V4 needed way more upgrades than that, (chassis, shock towers, chassis braces, servo, servo mount). I don't know about the EXB. It looks promising, except for the rear diff issue that some are having. And for me, the 8s truck is just more than fun because of the size and how fast it can go.

Last edited:
Did you get it? Or see it in a store? If it’s half as cool as the pictures I don’t know if I could resist it in a hobby shop. For durability I’m guessing it will be better than the k8s because of its length but the arms and wing may suffer in the winter time. That’s when I was breaking arms. Never broke that motor mount piece but had limited time on it with the stock chassis and braces. Those huge backflip tires make it the same weight as the k8s. I bet they are a great deal heavier than the copperhead 2’s. Too many models coming out and not enough money coming in....

If it’s half as cool as the pictures I don’t know if I could resist it in a hobby shop.
Too many models coming out and not enough money coming in....
Not got it yet..!!
I haven't been to LHS because..
A: I would come home with it..?
B: my LHS is still closed to walk-ins due to covid..? but I can get it next day delivered..? so no panic..!!
And also as you pointed out, too many models coming out and not enough cash flow for them all..

Iam waiting for the call from a LHS , they have 4 arriving soon . I have claimed one of them . They expect them to arrive
middle of next week ! I just cant resist !! HAHA I think I will use gorilla tape for the body ...

Last edited:

Make it build it do a really good deal Brian. Got some great hardcase batteries to go with it as well ? if you use the welcome back voucher you get 5%off.
You know you want to

IMG_20200811_192126.jpg

O my day's ?
IMG_20200811_191611.jpg

Plates fitted #arcouk ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_192225.jpg
    IMG_20200811_192225.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 37
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back