Talion So yesterday I got me a talion….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So I got me a Talion 6s EXB from a friend…what good tires for off-road and street? What stuff should I check too I’m gonna have a deep clean..lol can water hose the talion? I’m know got two 6s first time owning one…☺️Thanx ..🙏🏼

ECC2AA29-3E57-4B78-A12D-C1AB26524D0D.jpeg

8C58717B-C980-4D2A-8C18-1AEF0B05BF34.jpeg

Enjoy it!! I would go with backflip LP or 6s backflip tires but it depends on what you want for ride height and air control and the terrain you plan on driving on. I use a hose for some parts when its really muddy and dirty but I never spray the whole truck down. I will spray the the body, arms, shocks, tires, and other stuff in that area but never inside the chassis. If you spray it you also want to make sure you dry it as much as possible, air compressor works great for that. I basically never run mine when it is wet outside because it is such a pain to clean. So when it is dry out the air compressor gets most of it and then a rag with some simple green does wonders. Also seen people using baby wipes as a good cleaning option too.

Baby wipes are a great idea. Might have to try that.

I avoid water as much as possible and mostly use a stiff bristled paint brush to get clean things up along with a blast from my Stihl backpack blower.

Enjoy it!! I would go with backflip LP or 6s backflip tires but it depends on what you want for ride height and air control and the terrain you plan on driving on. I use a hose for some parts when its really muddy and dirty but I never spray the whole truck down. I will spray the the body, arms, shocks, tires, and other stuff in that area but never inside the chassis. If you spray it you also want to make sure you dry it as much as possible, air compressor works great for that. I basically never run mine when it is wet outside because it is such a pain to clean. So when it is dry out the air compressor gets most of it and then a rag with some simple green does wonders. Also seen people using baby wipes as a good cleaning option too.
Oh okay bro..should I cover the electrics when I do water hose? And I’m gonna get a wheelie bar too I have on my kraton 6s EXB install it yesterday..lol I just need a fan but I’m gonna put two fans and upgrade the ESC fan too..lol change the pinion gear do u know what pinion gear it comes?

If you really want to use the water hose, leave the body on and just hose off the wheels/tires/ suspension. If you really feel the need to spray out the chassis, just be careful and don't blast the electronics directly. They are "Waterproof" but that does not mean they cannot be hurt by water - just that they are resistant to splashed water,.. Often the ESC/motor fan will not be waterproofed at all, so be careful there too.

Last - don't forget to lube all bearings after a hose down. Also Also, WD40 is not a bearing lube, consider yourself warned.

If you really want to use the water hose, leave the body on and just hose off the wheels/tires/ suspension. If you really feel the need to spray out the chassis, just be careful and don't blast the electronics directly. They are "Waterproof" but that does not mean they cannot be hurt by water - just that they are resistant to splashed water,.. Often the ESC/motor fan will not be waterproofed at all, so be careful there too.

Last - don't forget to lube all bearings after a hose down. Also Also, WD40 is not a bearing lube, consider yourself warned.
Oh yeah I learn that on my 3s arrmas so I use red grease now it works good..👌 I’m gonna use simple green people been suggesting that works good too…

Unless you run in mud there is no real reason to hose off the rc. Brush off the big stuff and then air compressor or leaf blower the rest. If you want it to look nice shine up the wheels and rinse off the body. Water = Rust. There is no easy way to get all of the water out. Not worth it in my opinion.
Highly recommend backflip lp. Stock tires are meh. Get a decent high speed fan for the heat sink and you are good to go.

Unless you run in mud there is no real reason to hose off the rc. Brush off the big stuff and then air compressor or leaf blower the rest. If you want it to look nice shine up the wheels and rinse off the body. Water = Rust. There is no easy way to get all of the water out. Not worth it in my opinion.
Highly recommend backflip lp. Stock tires are meh. Get a decent high speed fan for the heat sink and you are good to go.
What about for street tires or can use the black flip lp tires on the street?
These look the same tires just different on description? Lol which one should I go with?lol

Attachments

• AA87A97C-2833-4B8B-8559-DCB3504E3DD8.png
    AA87A97C-2833-4B8B-8559-DCB3504E3DD8.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 70BD8C74-41F4-4BFC-BDA2-55327EC431AE.png
    70BD8C74-41F4-4BFC-BDA2-55327EC431AE.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 32
The LP tire will be smaller and weigh less, and give you better handling / more nimbleness.

The OG backflip will be taller, more cushion for jumping and rough ground, more weight for better in-air control/backflips.

Which you pick should be determined by how you want the truck to handle.

The LP tire will be smaller and weigh less, and give you better handling / more nimbleness.

The OG backflip will be taller, more cushion for jumping and rough ground, more weight for better in-air control/backflips.

Which you pick should be determined by how you want the truck to handle.
Well the talion I’m gonna use it on street and my kraton for off-road but I just want use the talion on the road too but not a lot tho..lol

6s backflips seem more durable imo. I used simple green and took some of my rigs to the bathtub for a shower. Afterwards I dry with a towel the best I can and then use datavac or an air compressor to blow dry. Most of the time I'll spray some wd40 on stuff like drive shafts but this has worked for me really well so far. I've had zero problems and I don't see any rust.

I run the 4s backflips on mine. Great tires just came really unbalanced. After I balanced them they work great. If you are going to get some 6s backflips might I suggest you order from here. Currently out of stock but can get 4 for $54.

Enjoy the Talion!
And I’m gonna get a wheelie bar too I have on my kraton 6s EXB install it yesterday..
Maybe it’s just me but the wheelie bar for the Talion doesn’t work that great for me at least on the street. My Talion just likes to flip over on it’s lid.

Last edited:
I run the 4s backflips on mine. Great tires just came really unbalanced. After I balanced them they work great. If you are going to get some 6s backflips might I suggest you order from here. Currently out of stock but can get 4 for $54.

Enjoy the Talion!

Maybe it’s just me but the wheelie bar for the Talion doesn’t work that great for me at least on the street. My Talion just likes to flip over on it’s lid.
Oh really what about a aluminum wheelie bar? It’s little stronger..

EFA8F764-2C98-4C0C-A788-FACD30F383BE.png

Enjoy the Talion!

Same. I can make it work but it's definitely a lot harder than the kraton and outcast. I think it's the low profile wing mount. You need a wheelie bar that won't let the truck tilt too far back.

Oh really what about a aluminum wheelie bar? It’s little stronger..
Personally I would not do an aluminum one if you plan on jumping it at all. If you land on its back that metal will cause other things to break.

Maybe others have had more success then I have had with it.
Same. I can make it work but it's definitely a lot harder than the kraton and outcast. I think it's the low profile wing mount. You need a wheelie bar that won't let the truck tilt too far back.
I think that is exactly the issue. I was just seeing today how far back I could tilt it before the wheelie bar “engaged”. Seems to go back pretty far.

Edit: uploaded picture.

743F6EEA-9367-462E-904D-9CE4CA5E1514.jpeg

47A0FB56-12FD-4B80-BDB4-18547354D324.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally I would not do an aluminum one if you plan on jumping it at all. If you land on its back that metal will cause other things to break.

I think that is exactly the issue. I was just seeing today how far back I could tilt it before the wheelie bar “engaged”. Seems to go back pretty far.
Really well then I just get the hard plastic one like my kraton has..

50A201D3-BDA9-4123-8875-EFBB0EDC6002.png

Edit: uploaded picture.

View attachment 235384

View attachment 235385
yea by the time you are that far back the momentum definitely working against you and then you're a 🐢 on your back 🤣

The belted Katar is actually a pretty good street tire...problem is it won't last too long on anything other than dirt/grass. Use it on the street until it turns to a slick then toss 'em. Another tire you could look at is the PowerHobby 3.8 Raptor/Defender. They're belted and have enough size to give you some air control. The rubber on them is nice and they hook up extremely well on rough terrain. Jetko makes some nice tires that work well on a Talion too. Avoid the Sweeps Crushers...too damn heavy IMHO but a lot of people do like them but you have to gear accordingly.

Instead of WD40 you can try plain silicone spray after you clean it up. Spray down the arms, gearboxes and hubs. Plain silicone spray is a good lubricant and makes the car look nice and shiny like Armor All without doing any damage to your bearings. It also leaves a nice thin coating on everything to repel dust and dirt which makes cleaning easier the next time around. Don't spray it near your center gears though cause it can make the pinion slip off the motor shaft. As for regular cleaning I'd do Simple Green and a moist cloth or towel. Too much water is problem long term. You can spray the Simple Green, let it sit for a few minutes then wipe everything down with the moist cloth or rag. Easier on the electronics and you use minimal water.

You can try the recently defunct T-Bone Racing wheelie bar/rear bumper for the Outcast (fits on a Talion also)...if you don't plan on doing any frequent diff changes. It's low enough to the ground to keep those high wheelies down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back