Typhon Sold a couple bikes so now…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 short wheelbase cars (vorteks and granite) already. I love my wife’s big rock but don’t want another one (it’s kinda…bulky feeling), so the typhon seems like it would be best.
Senton, Typhon, and Big Rock all have the same wheelbase/chassis.

Yup…I’ve been thinking about your comments on your new typhon. Sounds like you still love it, which is good.

Like you said, I'm finding my BR kind of bulky and slow to turn. The Typhon (and Senton for that matter) are just so nimble compared. I mean I love to send my rigs but I like track tight turns and technical driving that requires a vehicle to have fast responsive handling.

Senton, Typhon, and Big Rock all have the same wheelbase/chassis.
I just found that out earlier about the senton at the hobby shop lol. For some reason I thought it was the short chassis🙃

Typhon's the only 3s rig I've duplicated. We truggified my son's (simple- dropped a blx120 in and put on mx28's), and speedified mine (firma150, 2400kv motor, 38t spool, hoons). Kinda versatile- and tough.

But, that was also before the new brcc came out with typhon arms. Now they're identical except for tires and bodies.
I've left the brcc stock except for the mx28's. It handles alot like the truggified typhon. Our brcc is hella tough, too. It's taken many hits that should have crunched it.

And the built 3s/6s typhon is psychotic af, but so fast! On 4s, it'll outrun most 6s rigs because it's so light, but the steering on arrma's 3s line is sketchy at high speed. It's really hard to control over 90mph. Really hard. I know mine will break 100 with the current 23/38 gearing, and I can still pinion up. I suspect it could push into the 110-120 range before I find its upper limit on 6s...Unless it wrap around a tree first.

After typing all that, I must confess that I drive the senton way more than any other 3s rig... with a blx120 and a 4s battery, it'll almost keep up with the teknos, survive massive abuse, and still do double backflips.

Not helpful at all, am i?
Naw man, you’re quite helpful. I love hearing others experienced thoughts on the 3s line.
I love my new typhon! My wife is not feeling good so I just ran it up and down the street a few times…damn it is FAST! I pulled way back on the speed, don’t want to smash it on the first day. It needs much more room then my rough, curved neighborhood street before opening up. I am very impressed and happy with the purchase.

You know…this is the first Car I’ve bought that I don’t want to upgrade. I love it as is! Except for the lack of bumper, what works for a decent front bumper? I was thinking either my stock vorteks or big rock bumpers may work. I’ve granite bumpers on those two cars. Did you put a bumper on yours or just go with it? I tend to run into trees (high when jumping and low when not), it cracks my wife up. So I want to find a bumper that’ll work well.

I have a couple t-bone bumpers also. I don’t like them when connected to the bulkhead as I had mounting screws break off in my granite. But perhaps just connected on the bottom would work, like I did for awhile with my granite before getting another stock bumper for it. Hmmm…🤔
4s is the way
Maybe someday. I’m still very happy with 3s speed.
I didn't expect to love the senton anywhere near as much as I do
I was looking at a senton for awhile at the shop…but then a Team Associated MT10 really caught my eye. I want one, bad 🤣

I bought a Granite Mega. Converted it to brushless. Now it's a fully converted Typhon. I can run it on 3s and 4s. But it's plenty fast on 3s with my Max 10 esc. Of all the configurations I had it in, by far the Typhon is my favorite. I have the Zd racing shocks with outcast 6s springs and spacers inside the shocks to lower the ride. These shocks don't leak like the stock Arrma plastic ones.

Like you said, I'm finding my BR kind of bulky and slow to turn. The Typhon (and Senton for that matter) are just so nimble compared. I mean I love to send my rigs but I like track tight turns and technical driving that requires a vehicle to have fast responsive handling.
Yeah the big rock is perfect for my wife. She prefers it on 2s. I’ll go through 3 full 3s packs and she’ll still be puttering around on the same 2s pack. It’s super cute and I like having a car that I don’t have to fix.

She’s getting better at jumping though, so eventually will break something. Well, she did break my vorteks, running head on into it while I was blasting at 100% throttle. Broke an arm, shock and c-hub. Also knocked out the esc for awhile but it recovered after I worked on it a couple hours. Didn’t even scratch her big rock 😂
I bought a Granite Mega. Converted it to brushless. Now it's a fully converted Typhon. I can run it on 3s and 4s. But it's plenty fast on 3s with my Max 10 esc. Of all the configurations I had it in, by far the Typhon is my favorite. I have the Zd racing shocks with outcast 6s springs and spacers inside the shocks to lower the ride. These shocks don't leak like the stock Arrma plastic ones.
Nice! I thought about upgrading the shocks to 6s like my other 3 rigs but decided not to. I love the light weight. I’ve got 4 sets of relatively new stock 3s shocks to go through also. If they leak I’ll fix ‘em or swap out.

Last edited:
Naw man, you’re quite helpful. I love hearing others experienced thoughts on the 3s line.
I love my new typhon! My wife is not feeling good so I just ran it up and down the street a few times…damn it is FAST! I pulled way back on the speed, don’t want to smash it on the first day. It needs much more room then my rough, curved neighborhood street before opening up. I am very impressed and happy with the purchase.

You know…this is the first Car I’ve bought that I don’t want to upgrade. I love it as is! Except for the lack of bumper, what works for a decent front bumper? I was thinking either my stock vorteks or big rock bumpers may work. I’ve granite bumpers on those two cars. Did you put a bumper on yours or just go with it? I tend to run into trees (high when jumping and low when not), it cracks my wife up. So I want to find a bumper that’ll work well.

I have a couple t-bone bumpers also. I don’t like them when connected to the bulkhead as I had mounting screws break off in my granite. But perhaps just connected on the bottom would work, like I did for awhile with my granite before getting another stock bumper for it. Hmmm…🤔
Thanks for the kind words!! After breaking a couple tbones, I went with a senton bumper on my son's, because he broke the tbr's (and their warranty is no longer worth it for me), and was eating a arms for snacks by hitting things. The senton bumper has been amazing.

I butchered an 8s kraton wing for a front spoiler on my speed rig. It's been utterly bombproof- several curb launches when I misjudged distance and hit the brakes too late, and at least two 96mph tomahawks into the dirch doing speed runs.

Just wait until you put some small hoons on yours for street bashing... (small hoons hook up way better than big hoons for such a light rig). I promise you ain't prepared for how Zippy that little typhon will get. 😍

Thanks for the kind words!! After breaking a couple tbones, I went with a senton bumper on my son's, because he broke the tbr's (and their warranty is no longer worth it for me), and was eating a arms for snacks by hitting things. The senton bumper has been amazing.

I butchered an 8s kraton wing for a front spoiler on my speed rig. It's been utterly bombproof- several curb launches when I misjudged distance and hit the brakes too late, and at least two 96mph tomahawks into the dirch doing speed runs.

Just wait until you put some small hoons on yours for street bashing... (small hoons hook up way better than big hoons for such a light rig). I promise you ain't prepared for how Zippy that little typhon will get. 😍
Eating a arms for snacks…Bah Ha Ha Ha!
Yeah the TBone bumpers suck for 3s line. I’ll try my big rock and vorteks bumpers. Anything is better then what’s not there. I’m not looking for speed. I don’t have the reactions anymore between all the surgeries, concussions and nerve damage.

Maybe that will improve over time as I drive more but for now, 35-40mph is plenty fast. I like to jump and trail drive mostly. And yes, I stack it often jumping. I’m really working on reaction times there but it’s going slowish.

I didn't expect to love the senton anywhere near as much as I do

That's my experience too. Bought as a backup car but I love driving it so often it's my go to.The tires hook up so well and like the Typhon seems light on its feet and FAST.
Eating a arms for snacks…Bah Ha Ha Ha!
Yeah the TBone bumpers suck for 3s line. I’ll try my big rock and vorteks bumpers. Anything is better then what’s not there. I’m not looking for speed. I don’t have the reactions anymore between all the surgeries, concussions and nerve damage.

Maybe that will improve over time as I drive more but for now, 35-40mph is plenty fast. I like to jump and trail drive mostly. And yes, I stack it often jumping. I’m really working on reaction times there but it’s going slowish.

Put the Vorteks bumper on my Typhon. It's perfect.

That's my experience too. Bought as a backup car but I love driving it so often it's my go to.The tires hook up so well and like the Typhon seems light on its feet and FAST.

Put the Vorteks bumper on my Typhon. It's perfect.
Sweet! I’ll do that with my vorteks bumper. Thanks! Yup, I love the light feel and lightning fast reaction of the typhon. Which is why I’m going to keep a stock aside from the bumper. I want to keep it light, it drives so different from all the other cars I have. I love it!

Sweet! I’ll do that with my vorteks bumper. Thanks! Yup, I love the light feel and lightning fast reaction of the typhon. Which is why I’m going to keep a stock aside from the bumper. I want to keep it light, it drives so different from all the other cars I have. I love it!
Yeah buddy! Told ya you wouldn't be disappointed with the Typhon.

Spot on mate! They fly really well too.

Spot on mate! They fly really well too.
Ended up putting on the new stock bumper I had from my wife’s big rock. It fit perfect and has good shock coverage. Is a rear bumper or wheelie bar needed at all on the typhon?

I tried TBone bumpers and wheelie bars on the big rock and my other cars but the mount screws bend, even when using stronger screws. I didn’t want them to break off inside the bulkhead like they did on my granite so I swapped all for stock granite bumpers I got off jennys and the stock wheelie bars/bumpers they came with.

Ended up putting on the new stock bumper I had from my wife’s big rock. It fit perfect and has good shock coverage. Is a rear bumper or wheelie bar needed at all on the typhon?

I tried TBone bumpers and wheelie bars on the big rock and my other cars but the mount screws bend, even when using stronger screws. I didn’t want them to break off inside the bulkhead like they did on my granite so I swapped all for stock granite bumpers I got off jennys and the stock wheelie bars/bumpers they came with.
I put a Vorteks wheelie bar that I got from Jenny’s on my Typhon. Bolts right on perfectly.

I put a Vorteks wheelie bar that I got from Jenny’s on my Typhon. Bolts right on perfectly.
Great!! I will go that route then. I kinda need training wheels still…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back