Soldering a off shore electric 8mm anti spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So before I just go and do what I think I need to ask. Are this connectors meant to be soldering while still inside the plastic clip? When I do say a ec5 I solder wire to connector with my mini torch then install in plastic housing. It seems like I can’t use the torch since the bullet won’t come out of the connector. Will use a plain ole soldering gun tin both sides and burn it together. Am I on the correct path? Thank you for your help I. Advance cause this type of information is priceless......

So the plug and housing are already together? When I reuse a plug I knock them back thru the plastic connector with a punch. New ones I’ve bought have always been separate and just fit the plastic connectors on when you’re done. Pic might help.

They don’t come apart. They are just bigger xt90s
6BDAB9E7-C3D4-4CA9-B192-138D89F27293.jpeg

Last edited:
I just use my normal soldering iron to solder these but make sure to plug them into each other as they really heat up when soldering, that way the pins won't go all wonky..??
What Brian above says @Overpowerrc . ;)

I found OSE 8mm's to be a right PITA to solder if I'm honest.
Buggered my first set because I got too much heat into it which caused one connector bullet to go wonky as Brian mentioned above, ...it also caused some bubbling of part of the plastic housing so I couldn't get the black solder protection cap at the back to clip in correctly on the one I did do right.

In the end I scrapped my first pair and took it as an expensive lesson.
Just take it slow and steady; don't get too much heat into the bullets at all as you fill the back with solder and you should be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back