Soldering ESC wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Just treated typhon to a Max 10sct. I paid the extra £4 to have ic5 connector fitted before it was delivered, but the motor wires are blank 🤷‍♂️

I may ask someone with more experience to do the soldering for me but want to know how to go about it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 👍

IMG_20210113_205758.jpg

Usually the motor will come with bullet connectors soldered on - just make sure they are 4mm bullets (or you may need an adapter). You may also need an extension with some motors if the leads aren't long enough.

So I assume these bullets push into the esc then I'll need to find either 4mm bullet connectors to suit the motor or other suitable?

So I assume these bullets push into the esc then I'll need to find either 4mm bullet connectors to suit the motor or other suitable?

you may not need those leads.

Disregarding bullet size for the moment, some motors come with shorter bullets:

FC778A8F-148E-4A79-BD0C-E4220B8BA08D.jpeg

Others may come with longer:
5AF2E202-03A5-4E74-A780-0CBF9C14132C.jpeg

If they are too short you can just buy an extension (unless you can solder sockets on those leads that came with the ESC):
D2011156-B295-4BF3-9D58-69CE6DD91E56.jpeg

you may not need those leads.

Disregarding bullet size for the moment, some motors come with shorter bullets:

View attachment 119848
Others may come with longer:
View attachment 119846

If they are too short you can just buy an extension (unless you can solder sockets on those leads that came with the ESC):
View attachment 119849
Aha, so I might be in luck and just plug the motor in. I was thinking I'd relocate the esc so it sits in the gap between the receiver box and the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back