Limitless soldering limitless question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hey guys quick question can i have some unstripped wire going into connector like this or do i need to strip it more?

4A10693C-76C4-4511-95EF-F4A507D0BF1E.jpeg

Rule of thumb for myself, metal should touch metal.
You didn't get enough heat on it either, looks like a bad solderjoint.

You are probably ok on the insulation as the cup is deep but that solderjob will not hold based on what I can see.
You must cover any exposed metal when you are done, heatshrink is your friend and easier to apply prior soldering ;)

Usually only the wire will touch the metal when soldering correctly. And you don't need to use heatshrink because the QS8 connectors have a wire seal housing. But if you want to use it, you still could.
Screenshot_20200728-113351_Chrome.jpg

will the insulation affect anything if it touches alittle likw it is ? the cups are pretty deep

hey guys quick question can i have some unstripped wire going into connector like this or do i need to strip it more?

View attachment 91649
I know this is an older thread. But this picture is everything you don't want to do. I built milspec cables for years before becoming a Manufactuing Eng. The insulation for the wires should not be in the solder cups. Also the positive wire in the picture is a cold solder joint. The person when they soldered the wire moved the wire as it was cooling.

LOL I just posted an update where I figured out I use way too much solder. I had to replace the connector on my CNHL battery and they hardly use any solder. See that last post.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/

For yours, it's hard to tell from the picture if it's solid or not, but it looks a bit dull and lumpy. I'd probably reflow them. If the solder flows(ed) on both the wire and connector, it's probably fine. It's quality not quantity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back