Limitless soldering tp motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hey guys how can i tell which wires coming off my tp motor are red white and black or abc? killmode 2900 and a xlx esc thanks first build

Attachments

• 39A407F5-D698-453F-837C-E5562C293B49.jpeg
    39A407F5-D698-453F-837C-E5562C293B49.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 133
dude thanks alot i was figuring that because none of the wires coming from tp motor were labled so

Yep. Just plug them in on your bench and test it. If the motor doesn't spin the direction you want, then switch 2. Then you can heat shrink/strap them down.

yeh i plan to do speed runs maybe 22t pinion and stock spool my other question is i just got 4m by 16 bolts for motor i just read on a paper from killmode mounting screw for motor should not exceed 6.5mm into motor plate or it does damage and i just bolted my motor up :/

Attachments

• A75C8ABC-292F-4DE2-BD14-7A76ECAAE6DE.jpeg
    A75C8ABC-292F-4DE2-BD14-7A76ECAAE6DE.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 03315619-747E-4832-BCD0-FB3BD61D8F1F.jpeg
    03315619-747E-4832-BCD0-FB3BD61D8F1F.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 56
yeh i plan to do speed runs maybe 22t pinion and stock spool my other question is i just got 4m by 16 bolts for motor i just read on a paper from killmode mounting screw for motor should not exceed 6.5mm into motor plate or it does damage and i just bolted my motor up :/
EEEeeeeK don't use those screws
Stick with RC hex screws.

One great way to get a good selection of screws is buy a full screw set like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Moja...536901?hash=item1ce4ab9f05:g:yUgAAOSwoQdeU8bz

I also buy sets on Amazon some times. Highly recommended to get high quality 2.0mm and 2.5mm MIP hex wrenches so you don't strip any screws. It might seem silly but they are worth every penny of their high price to not deal with stripped screws.

Another tip is the grub screws for any parts that rotate should have blue or red lock-tite applied.

you think i damaged motor already? :/ i put them in already tight to 16mm long

you think i damaged motor already? :/ i put them in already tight to 16mm long
I am thinking since he went through the trouble of making that specific note, there is a known problem if you do exceed 6.5mm
I see he left his number. Maybe shoot him a text and ask him what you can look for to confirm if the motor is still ok. I am sure he has dealt with this scenario before.

He really should include 2 M4 screws. $1.00 to avoid warranty claims seems worth it to me...

I am thinking since he went through the trouble of making that specific note, there is a known problem if you do exceed 6.5mm
I see he left his number. Maybe shoot him a text and ask him what you can look for to confirm if the motor is still ok. I am sure he has dealt with this scenario before.

He really should include 2 M4 screws. $1.00 to avoid warranty claims seems worth it to me...
You never know how thick the mount will be though. Could be 2mm or 6mm or something in between.

This is where a cheap caliper comes in handy. I cut my depth piece down so I could measure really deep screw holes. My nitro revo's have a two that if the screw pokes through more than 1mm on the other side, it will break the motor mount or strip the screw. I've done both... The upper shock mount bolts on the rear run through the mount, chassis and thread into the bulkhead exactly where the motor mount support (cast aluminum) locks into the bulkhead.

2019-0315-TengyesCaliper-Mod02.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075QYH914

I find that now that I have one, I use it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also with Castle datalogging esc's like the XLX and MMX 8s, you can reverse motor direction in the Castle link software without switching wires. This may be useful if you have color coded wires, or something similar

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back