Solid mounted servo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaz04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
So I put a sweet new power hobby servo in the kraton today and decided to not fiddle with transferring the rubber mounts from the stock servo just to make everything a little more rigid. Anyone have any experience with doing this? Think I'll destroy the servo this way with more vibration/jolts from landings and whatnot?
0_20200626_194633.jpg
1_20200626_194611.jpg

No issues with mine hard mounted. ?? Same servo I have in my K6S. Love it. $$

Did you by chance add washers and a longer screw to the arm to make it parallel to the servo horn? (So confusing when I write it down) what I mean is, this servo for me was taller than standard and pushed the arm out of alignment, so I added a lock nut under the arm and a longer screw so it would be level again.

62F39113-C613-4002-99FA-5552ECC9E1B2.jpeg
42D1110B-1905-4885-B673-3709D26F150A.jpeg

Every single one of mine is hard mounted..?
I was told once before by an expert racer that you should always mount a servo with the sleeve and bushing rubber mounts because they absorb vibrations
and therefore extend the life of you servo.
Moral of the story, hard vibrations kill servos..!!??

Last edited:
No issues with mine hard mounted. ?? Same servo I have in my K6S. Love it. $$

Did you by chance add washers and a longer screw to the arm to make it parallel to the servo horn? (So confusing when I write it down) what I mean is, this servo for me was taller than standard and pushed the arm out of alignment, so I added a lock nut under the arm and a longer screw so it would be level again.

View attachment 87309View attachment 87310
If you look in one of the pictures you can see the spacer that I repurposed from my dual yeah racing motor fan setup
Every single one of mine is hard mounted..?
I was told once before by an expert racer that you should always mount a servo with the sleeve and bushing rubber mounts because they absorb vibrations
and therefore extend the like of you servo.
Moral of the story, hard vibrations kill servos..!!??
So I guess your saying that you havnt had any problems still, contrary to your expert racing advice?

I got given advice that I ignored ? I fit all mine hard mount no rubber no bushing and so far no problems..

I'm sure I'm out on a very thin limb here , but I go with the vibration theory ?
As with other aspects of life , a little protection can go a long way !!??
Can't disagree but I think I'm gonna just run it on the ragged edge and see what happens! ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back