Notorious Solution to multiple wheel-related issues!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I had multiple issues with one of my wheels. It's hex was nearly rounded, though it didn't appear like it was. When on power, that wheel almost didn't spin, and it's hex kept unscrewing itself because of the slipping. Also, because the wheel hex didn't have any grip, the axle turned when I tightened the nut, even if I held the wheel still.

I saw this solution posted a while ago, and decided to use it myself, and it seems to work. I put a set screw in 3 of the 6 gaps to push the sides out. It still fits on the hex, and the axle doesn't turn when tightening my nut.
20220827_155635.jpg

I had multiple issues with one of my wheels. It's hex was nearly rounded, though it didn't appear like it was. When on power, that wheel almost didn't spin, and it's hex kept unscrewing itself because of the slipping. Also, because the wheel hex didn't have any grip, the axle turned when I tightened the nut, even if I held the wheel still.

I saw this solution posted a while ago, and decided to use it myself, and it seems to work. I put a set screw in 3 of the 6 gaps to push the sides out. It still fits on the hex, and the axle doesn't turn when tightening my nut.
View attachment 239458
That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to remember that if I ever have that issue. (y) ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back