Kraton Solution to prevent bent chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray87

Reaction score
Hello.

I have considered to order arrma kraton 6s blx v4, but after watched a couple reviews on YouTube where they have just had one run with it and got the chassis bent at rear.

One of the youtubers recomended to remove the long red chassis brace that goes from rear to front, or adding aluminium short chassis braces one rear and one front.

I could not find any aluminium chassis brace from arrma under upgrade parts?

This truck seems amazing but this bent chassis issue consern me from getting it since i like to jump high with it.

I would like to hear from some arrma users in here, what is your solution and thoughts about this?

Happy for some answers about this.

This is only an issue if you jump it big. Small jumps, or flat land running, this is not an issue.

Also, Arrma does not make metal chassis braces. Look to hot racing, Voltage, GKA and others for alloy chassis braces.

I do have GKA braces on my Kraton, they stiffen it up nice. Never bent a chassis bad enough I could not hammer it back. But I don't moon jump it, just medium jumps.

Thanks for the answers guys!
That custome chassis did look very Nice, money is the only limit in this hobby as we know :)
So basicly you bought a second chassis, cutted of the middle and added it to the stock chassis so you got it twice as tick? Sounds crazy :) but Why not if it fixed your issues.

How is this outcast? Do it have the same bending issue when you doing big jumps?

Just watched a few videos about the outcast and im starting to wonder if that short wheelbase would suit my bashing better maby..

Its funny you say that Ray87, yes that's exactly what I did, no way I'm paying $50+ for aluminum braces and another $65+ on shock towers, or a $100+ on a chassis for the kraton I use to own I'm way to cheap lol, now I have had zero issues with my new outcast bending the chassis, but still had issues with the shock towers bending and breaking my rear diff case once, but since doubling shock tower haven't had a issue yet, but I do think your right about maybe being a shorter chassis it bending less.Or maybe it's just me
I just had to check out that chassis... I about died when I seen the price $130 + $ 9.45 shipping. Man you guys must be loaded lol. I spent less on my 3.73 gears for my 2014 mustang.. Not being judgemental I promise, just surprised is all. Hey if it stopped all issues and you had the funds why not..

Last edited:
Its funny you say that Ray87, yes that's exactly what I did, no way I'm paying $50+ for aluminum braces and another $65+ on shock towers, or a $100+ on a chassis for the kraton I use to own I'm way to cheap lol, now I have had zero issues with my new outcast bending the chassis, but still had issues with the shock towers bending and breaking my rear diff case once, but since doubling shock tower haven't had a issue yet, but I do think your right about maybe being a shorter chassis it bending less.Or maybe it's just me

I just had to check out that chassis... I about died when I seen the price $130 + $ 9.45 shipping. Man you guys must be loaded lol. I spent less on my 3.73 gears for my 2014 mustang.. Not being judgemental I promise, just surprised is all. Hey if it stopped all issues and you had the funds why not..
I've considered the double tower idea, but the only thing I couldn't figure out was how you would mount the wing mounts. Did you have to shave plastic to make it work? For everything else, 3mm longer screws would take care of it.
The shorter chassis of the OC does seem to bend less. Noy saying it can't.
If it can, I'll find a way.

Lol! So you haven't added the "extra" chassis rear and front on your new outcast?

Yes it would all be expensive if you upgrade all that. Im only familiar with traxxas so far and all i can say is that upgrading chassis and shock towers is also costing a fortune.
Every truck have their weakness and im happy to solve some of them based on others user experiences.

Maby rpm could make some cheap durable shock towers soon...

The shorter chassis of the OC does seem to bend less. Noy saying it can't.
Can confirm Outcast can bend its chassis. With enough tail landings from a new driver, it bends. Keep in mind that 50 percent of my landings were on the tail and the other 50 was on the roof or everything except the wheels.

When I use to own a second gen kraton I bent the chassis/shock towers all the time, like every time I used it, nothing ever really serious where I couldn't keep driving it. I mainly did speed runs in the park/baseball field around where I live on 6s stock gearing, but now in then I would turn going fast and flip it over or jump the baseball diamonds/bases and land wrong. I'm not one who enjoys sending my rigs way into the air I love speed. I'm super cheap, no way I'm spending tons of money on a truck that's new I spent $500 on, so my fix was I doubled up shock towers, and cut a 2.25in section stock chassis down so it was twice as thick threw the center, honestly never had a issue again in the 100 or so runs I had on it before I got rid of it. Like I said I'm cheap I watched ebay got the 2 extra shock towers and a chassis for around $30-35 shipped. It did add a little weight but tuff as nails after it was done.

P.s I hope I don't offend anyone I've been on a few other forums and when I mentioned I had issues with bent towers and chassis I pissed a lot of people off, this is just my experiences,
You added a ton of weight to the rig doing that.+1 M2C rear bulkhead/ tower brace

Can confirm Outcast can bend its chassis. With enough tail landings from a new driver, it bends. Keep in mind that 50 percent of my landings were on the tail and the other 50 was on the roof or everything except the wheels.
Copy cat

I wasn't attacking anyone so I don't need the sarcasm, give your self a break.
I knew this would happen, every forum I go to , there's people trying to convince people who buy a new $549 truck to dump another $200+ on parts and get sarcastic about it... Hey mod woodie please just delete my account I'm not gonna deal with it, I knew better especially how toxic. Arrma fan boys get..
wow! that was nothing...toughen up for goodness sake...you stated your opinion I mine big deal. toy cars...

try next time to not being a douche with in hours of people joining, it sets the whole vibe. You can have this forum. Mods please delete my account

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back