Outcast Solution to this weak spot please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Middy0789

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Could anyone tell me the best way to sexude the two bolts that secure the front lower arm pins on outcast 6s? Keep pulling through I’ve tried packing the hole out and thread lock but not solving the issue. Thanks guys ??
43B12798-6C15-4EFF-8927-484E20727919.jpeg

Could anyone tell me the best way to sexude the two bolts that secure the front lower arm pins on outcast 6s? Keep pulling through I’ve tried packing the hole out and thread lock but not solving the issue. Thanks guys ??
43B12798-6C15-4EFF-8927-484E20727919.jpeg
Secure**** apologies my auto correct is filth

Flexible 2-part epoxy such as a methacrylate then drill and tap.

Are the screws long enough to reach the bottom of the hole they are in?
They reach all the way in but they keep bending and pulling out, I’ve changed out the stock bumper which may be putting added strain on them so ideally I wanna upgrade to bigger bolt, not sure where to start my search though

I had the same problem. Switched to rpm bumper and HR lower front suspension mounts. Problem over! Drilled and tapped for a #3 stainless screw. Can go with a longer scew also.

Attachments

• 15626055381642142347264727524227.jpg
    15626055381642142347264727524227.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
They reach all the way in but they keep bending and pulling out, I’ve changed out the stock bumper which may be putting added strain on them so ideally I wanna upgrade to bigger bolt, not sure where to start my search though
I see. That bumper puts a ton of strain on two measely little 3mm bolts. Not sure you will find a solution that works well. I don't know if there's enough material there to drill out and use a 4mm bolt instead.

I run an RPM front bumper/skid on my outcast with the stock wide bumper piece removed and only the stump remaining to retain the hinge pins. The RPM bumper only mounts on the bottom, but I bought 2-3mm longer screws and added steel wear bars as I was grinding through the plastic pretty quick at the skate park and in a bad tumble, the screws were pulling through the skid.
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

I had a similar issue as you with the tbone rear bumper/skid/wheelie bar ripping the screws out of the diff case. I gave up, got rid of the sway bars then repurposed the sway bar holes to hold the bumper support instead, drilled out the diff case screws on the top to use longer screws there as well and also drilled/tapped an extra hole for the skid plate thing.
2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

Haven't had any issues since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back