Felony SOLVED? Maybe! My Rear End is as Loose as after a nite at Taco Bell! Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old post but pulling back up....

The weather is getting warmer decided to pull the Felony on for the first time this year. I did pair it with the new DX5C. I prefer to run this on silver Hoons but had a little life on the white so burned them out today. Silver will be my final test tire.

The DX5C allowed me to change the throttle and priority gains for AVC to reduce spin-outs made it respond controllable. It's not like the Infraction if I had to compare the Felony today is more like the Infraction in motion/drifting but powered down in slow motion. Not that slow however doing the same maneuvers with loss of the aggressiveness of the Infraction...but the numbers I am playing with you can see the drop in power but I can drift & hold a side-way drift without spinning out. It's still possible the throw that big ass around in a 360 but not easy to do with the aid of the DX5C AVC tweaks.

I'll post the DX5C numbers once I get the more runs and with the silver Hoons...80F plus for spring & summer seems to do better when the asphalt is hot once I get the AVC dialed in. Winter totally sucks!

Mine is fine , after the 500k in the center diff. (Think I mentioned this) and lowered the ride height. Almost as good a v1 and v2 infractions. Live in Florida so been playing with them all year.

Mine is fine , after the 500k in the center diff. (Think I mentioned this) and lowered the ride height. Almost as good a v1 and v2 infractions. Live in Florida so been playing with them all year.

I did...actually put 500k in the center before I shelved it in 2020. The ground was very cold last time I took it out in Nov was not a good day with it...

Well, I went through the gold rear tires, still on white fronts...and this week, it is still just spinning out a ton under the same conditions it used to just do a nice powerslide, slight oversteer sweeping turn.
I give up. I have changed fluids, I have changed rear droop, I have changed front, and separately rear preload, camber is right, but I adjusted that too.
Out of the box, it ran great. Something is wrong. And I do not have the patience anymore.
Anyone in Portland, Oregon interested in a Felony? Not shipping. Cash after examination of car only. I have a bunch of new tires, and a spare body.
Thanks,
Jeff

Well, I went through the gold rear tires, still on white fronts...and this week, it is still just spinning out a ton under the same conditions it used to just do a nice powerslide, slight oversteer sweeping turn.
I give up. I have changed fluids, I have changed rear droop, I have changed front, and separately rear preload, camber is right, but I adjusted that too.
Out of the box, it ran great. Something is wrong. And I do not have the patience anymore.
Anyone in Portland, Oregon interested in a Felony? Not shipping. Cash after examination of car only. I have a bunch of new tires, and a spare body.
Thanks,
Jeff

I agree with you....I know this thread says solved, but it's not. Let me say it like this I know everyone has a totally different driving style and I have seen some videos posted there where some just drive the Felony in a circle or simple back/forth path, low powered turns, and get back go back straight.

I started with the Infraction v1 when it came out. The moment I drive it, I run it like I stole something to get good at full power. I have the entire JCPenny parking lot at the Mall and another empty Target parking lot. Full throttle down, up, even in turns power sliding at full throttle...wide drifting side-ways turns and the way I drive it I get passing cars stopped watching each time....not the normal everyday sight for an RC car that people see... It's the speed and also the speed at which I toss it in power slides that catch flies in their mouth.

Then I got the Felony. With the driving behavior I have with the Infraction, hell no does not work it is something weird with this one. I know why from all the posts and the rear end is the biggest issue along with other things. Like you I have done a lot of the same, very little to the Infraction. I don't lightly drift/bash the Felony I am on it like I stole something...if people are driving it like that....NOT it's not solved the backend is an issue.

Yes, speed runs I see you not having an issue. I don't with either of my rigs do stupid burnouts, donuts/circles or smoke the tires. The first Horizon promo Infraction video is a close example of how I run it balls out, full mass I only get about 8-9 min on 2x 3S 5000mAh batt since I don't let off it. Why I am ordered 2x 8000mAh for the Infra don't care about weight and have GC fans to cool it.

I will not sell it nice looking rig might be more of a shelf queen down the road. Coming from the Infraction to the Felony was a total letdown. If the Felony is the first for someone, then you will not miss much or just doing speed runs with it all good.

Just my additional $0.02 :cool:

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same spinning out issue after a simple tire change (white Hoons). I kept my old tires so I plan on switching the new w/ the old. I hope this solves the issue for the short term. However, the tires will need to be changed eventually. I'll update the thread once I switch and test.

Is it possible to send to Horizon tech support to check out? It's an extreme measure but reading through your troubleshooting efforts, I think It might be a bigger issue.

Horizon has been fantastic at warranty stuff on this car. Parts, no problem. But, they are not going to try to solve the handling issue. Good thought though.

I think I am done. It will go on Craigslist in Portland in the next few days. My sanity is not worth it.
Thanks,
Jeff

Horizon has been fantastic at warranty stuff on this car. Parts, no problem. But, they are not going to try to solve the handling issue. Good thought though.

I think I am done. It will go on Craigslist in Portland in the next few days. My sanity is not worth it.
Thanks,
Jeff

Agree....I am heading down that road now after yesterday...

Thanks,
Jeff
100% agree about Horizon's CS. I had an ESC issue and they shipped a new one w/ very little questions asked.

I have interesting development to share. I reinstalled the old/worn tires and the car drove perfectly! I was able to pull off long drifts without the backend getting loose. I tested w/ varied amount of throttle.

My guess is w/ the tires and a difference with the compound. I purchased the new tires from RC store on Amazon. The tires appear to be OEM and had the correct part number on the label.

I opened a case w/ Horizon and will share my findings but I think I might follow you and @parcou lead and sell. It's been fun and I love the look but I don't have the time or patience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back