Kraton Solved on my own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
UPDATED: I just ordered a Hobbystar 1480kv 4092 motor so what pinion should i get? im looking to run on grass,dirt and paved roads. No bashing and im gentle with my kraton.

I got this bookmarked but don't know if they are what i need and if it will run cool and if they are good.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KN0Y38/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BKVSJG1RNAQO&psc=1

and a spur?

don't have shims and such, cant find them and don't know if its a requirement asap or if i can do that later. still stock bearings and bushings but kraton (V2) is still newish
And are any of the $15ish hex driver sets goodish? Not paying $70+ for 3 MIP drivers...

also, what bodys work with the kraton? i like truck style types like 1980ish chevys
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodie...axx-e-revo-revo-3-3-mgt/#product-page-reviews But not if they are thin

Last edited:
First thing you need is a good set of hex drivers. Find a decent set that has 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and maybe a 3.0. I’m not sure If the kraton has any 3.0 bolts but it won’t hurt to have it. My advice is to just run it. Mess with the punch settings. I bumped mine up to 9 and it’s a completely different beast. If you truly don’t know how to do the work it will get overwhelming quick. Like I said start with messing with the punch settings then start playing with different pinion and Spur combinations. Start beefing up your diffs and other parts if you plan on upgrading the motor and esc. Get familiar with tearing it down and building it back. Have any questions let me know.

First thing you need is a good set of hex drivers. Find a decent set that has 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and maybe a 3.0. I’m not sure If the kraton has any 3.0 bolts but it won’t hurt to have it. My advice is to just run it. Mess with the punch settings. I bumped mine up to 9 and it’s a completely different beast. If you truly don’t know how to do the work it will get overwhelming quick. Like I said start with messing with the punch settings then start playing with different pinion and Spur combinations. Start beefing up your diffs and other parts if you plan on upgrading the motor and esc. Get familiar with tearing it down and building it back. Have any questions let me know.
don't know what the default punch setting is, i never changed it but i could not get it to wheelie unless i really tried to VS others saying its hard not to. But yeah, thats why im getting the new tires first to see, the upgrades is more for summer time, by then ill know if i want to upgrade or not but till then i;d like to make a list if you know what i mean

don't know what the default punch setting is, i never changed it but i could not get it to wheelie unless i really tried to VS others saying its hard not to. But yeah, thats why im getting the new tires first to see, the upgrades is more for summer time, by then ill know if i want to upgrade or not but till then i;d like to make a list if you know what i mean

The factory punch is set like at 4 or something. Read the manual or look it up on YouTube how to change the punch and I would almost guarantee you’ll be a lot happier. I had to put a t bone wheel bar on it and it will still do a back flip when I punch it from 3/4 throttle to full. Like I said mess with that and mess with gearing before you go spending the money to upgrade the motor and esc. Once you do that you’ll have to upgrade a lot more parts. I can’t keep my front tires down. PUNCH SETTING!!

Sounds like you aren’t getting the power out of it that you expected? If so, have you calibrated the throttle/esc? If not, give it a try- I think you’ll be surprised

Sounds like you aren’t getting the power out of it that you expected? If so, have you calibrated the throttle/esc? If not, give it a try- I think you’ll be surprised
What I said in the (updated) OP, grass is all I got and no setting will help. its fine on roads stock but its grass that I tend to drive more on.

Last edited:
I know you said no parenting, but the Terrain Crushers are not going to be the best tires for grass. They are more of a rally tire. in my eyes. I love em, but I use them on the asphalt.

Sorry I don't know of that motor or what it'll take to install it.

I know you said no parenting, but the Terrain Crushers are not going to be the best tires for grass. They are more of a rally tire. in my eyes. I love em, but I use them on the asphalt.

Sorry I don't know of that motor or what it'll take to install it.
Np. Yeah I got the tires because I wanted more of a all terrain set so I can hit grass and road in one go. I'm not all big into perfect traction but I prob should of got backflips and fishing lined them but I been waiting 3 months, maybe 2 for the terrain crushers and they are now being shipped because one of the reps pushed my pre order sooner so I don't want to pull back on them now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back