Granite Solving driveshaft breaking issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried loosening the slipper and even from the factory I didnt have much luck. If you loosen it, sooner or later it will start to slip too much and then you will hear it whine or you’ll notice it doesn't wheelie because it wore itself out or loosened itself, so my solution was crank on it until its fully tightened. Problem solved. I don't like the clutch setup on the granite. I shouldnt have to tinker with it to save driveshafts like this.
I understand what your saying and i know whats the issue its the slipper spring who has got weak before one full turn i had almost no drive since i remplaced it not anymore
If my drievshafts survive on 4s the 3s driveshaft should no have any issues holding 3s power. Maybe get the 4s driveshafts and trim them down a bit so they fit?
Still i was exploding traxxas shafts every single week i don't mind if i have to remplace them after 6 months been almost 5 months and the shafts are still going strong no poping or anything maybe because i have my slipper in the right spot where its not too loose or too tight?‍♀️. Like it or not a car cant survive if you shot full pawer from staying still and hoping that everything will survive if your shaft survive its more likely that your diff will explode instead. We don't have a center diff to evacuate the extra power to the front not for nothing that you don't have a slipper clutch on any 6s capable rig because your diffs will shred into pieces.
thats just my opinion of course so take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
I just got a slipper clutch replacement kit and it came with this trianglular-ish threaded peice of rubber and I have zero clue where it goes. I figured id give the slipper adjustment a try while I work on making metal shafts.

I just got a slipper clutch replacement kit and it came with this trianglular-ish threaded peice of rubber and I have zero clue where it goes. I figured id give the slipper adjustment a try while I work on making metal shafts.
That little thing you discribed is obsolete it was suposed to be used in the mega series of slipper hubs because the rear hub was not threaded

Why do i keep breaking my rear drive axles both left and right in my arrma big rock? Is there a better axle i can buy other than stock they come apart at the joint where the little metal piece is that holds them together..how can i stop that from happening?

Why do i keep breaking my rear drive axles both left and right in my arrma big rock? Is there a better axle i can buy other than stock they come apart at the joint where the little metal piece is that holds them together..how can i stop that from happening?
Arrma sells the steel upgrade.
The most common way of poping the stock axles is because of the slipper clutch way too tight. Once they pop they will pop easier next time

In my opinion, that video sets the slipper to fully tight. If you want to avoid popped driveshafts, I recommend loosening the slipper 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns from fully tight. Arrma recommends 1-1/2 turns.

Or upgrade to the Arrma CVD driveshafts. They do not have a u-joint that will come apart like the stock driveshafts. (But I have seen posts that they may be a bit short for the Typhon/Big Rock and that the two halves of the driveshaft can come apart under hard bashing.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back