Notorious Some opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepiper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So...got home from work, where I was bashing my Notorious around, and discovered I have no front bumper. Twas dark out, so I picked a rock off a bit, and didn't think anything off it. There is no sign of the bumper, just two of the flat head screws stick out. What bumper should I get? I have a Tbone order coming, but didn't order a front bumper...honestly because I kinda like the finished look of the stock bumper, and didn't like what Tbone had to offer. Shipping is costly from them as well, and I would like to get something I can buy in Canada.

So what are my choices here (and maybe some other things I should look at too)? From Tbone, I gave the wing mount, rear bumper and some dirt guard pieces for the rear arms coming. I've broken nothing but the bumper and wheelie bar thus far, so I don't want to upgrade what has been serving me well...but maybe there is something that may likely be soon to break.

I am driving in colder weather, so I'm sure some of these mishaps wouldn't occur in summer months.

I’ve heared the stock chassis braces need to be replaces ASAP: if they break, a lot of other things become weaker too

I’d highly recommend an RPM bumper. Should be able to easily source one in Canada. ?

Btw: bashing in temps below 50°F will usually result in broken plastics... ?

I’d highly recommend an RPM bumper. Should be able to easily source one in Canada. ?

Btw: bashing in temps below 50°F will usually result in broken plastics... ?
I am buying the RPM one, but will get the Super Basher when its available. So things get brittle even during fall? Didn't think it would do much until it goes below freezing.
I’ve heared the stock chassis braces need to be replaces ASAP: if they break, a lot of other things become weaker too
I'll keep an eye on that. Not doing any big air, especially now.

I find 50F and below, make plastics brittle enough to be a nuisance when bashing. RPM bumpers uses better grade nylons and are less prone to breakage. But remember anything can break. And freezing temps...well that spells disaster IMHO. I avoid those temps. At least when bashing hard.
Some guys are using the Kraton EXB bumper/skid. With better results as stock ones go. (y)

I find 50F and below, make plastics brittle enough to be a nuisance when bashing. RPM bumpers uses better grade nylons and are less prone to breakage. But remember anything can break. And freezing temps...well that spells disaster IMHO. I avoid those temps. At least when bashing hard.
Some guys are using the Kraton EXB bumper/skid. With better results as stock ones go. (y)
I'm trying to tread lightly, literally ?

I have run my RC's in blizzard conditions around Zero F. Plastic shatters like glass. Parts you would never think of breaking otherwise even with no wipeouts. Normal running. The shock oil thickens and compression is next to nothing. Arms shatter, rod ends etc.
Charged Lipos go flat immediately like they are dead in those temps. I don't do that anymore. Experience dictates. I tried running Nitro as well. You need to heat up the Head for 5 minutes or you will break the connecting rod from extreme cylinder pinch when cranking, and you need the Hottest glow plug. Your fingers freeze. :ROFLMAO:

I was once was driving in hale, and we had garbage bags to protect our transmitters. So we looked like some idiots in a forest with garbage bags over our hands. When I took a shower at home, it HURT! My friend told me to 'warm up' my hands with cold water, and I didn't, and went into the hot water immediately. That was probably the 2nd worst pain I've ever experienced, right after feeling like my guts were falling out

Btw, is it hale, or hail? Hail sounds so negative after the mid '40s

I have run my RC's in blizzard conditions around Zero F. Plastic shatters like glass. Parts you would never think of breaking otherwise even with no wipeouts. Normal running. The shock oil thickens and compression is next to nothing. Arms shatter, rod ends etc.
Charged Lipos go flat immediately like they are dead in those temps. I don't do that anymore. Experience dictates. I tried running Nitro as well. You need to heat up the Head for 5 minutes or you will break the connecting rod from extreme cylinder pinch when cranking, and you need the Hottest glow plug. Your fingers freeze. :ROFLMAO:
Yah...I'll likely avoid temps where my fingers fall off in 5 minutes. Right now, temps are around 0C (40F).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back