Some quick questions on FlySky GT5... profiles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radian2x

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm about to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a new FlySky GT5, but a few questions came to mind... and I'm still not sure after reading the manual;

1. Can you create multiple profiles for the *same* car? For example one profile for myself (100% throttle, low AVC), and one 'beginner' profile with 40% throttle, high AVC?
2. How easy is it to switch profiles?
3. How long is battery life with AA's... and with 2S lipo?

Thanks!

I bought a 1500mAh 'GT5' 2S Lipo on ebay.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-4V-1500m...e&pageci=94aed5ba-9b9d-4306-aee5-8be6a9be5142

Its a bit on the small side, you could probably fit a much larger capacity, maybe around 2500mAh? if you find one with suitable dimensions

If standard alkaline AA batteries have aprox 2500 mAh then the alkaline AA's will last aprox 40% longer than my 1500mAh Lipo... If thats any help.

Edit- That could actually be incorrect if it has a switching voltage regulator on board.
If it does then 1500mAh would probably have in the region of about 25-30% less run time due to its higher voltage.
Other factors such as low voltage cut off might play into the Lipos favour also... you'd really need to time both types to see.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back