Outcast Some Stock Top Speed Outcast Runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So yea Ive been noticing most of the speed runs on interwebs with the Outcast do not seem to be full top speed runs. No one seems to have the right throttle control and they say it’s uncontrollable, or they keep hitting wheelies, or they pick a terrible runway that isn’t wide or long enough, and everyone just gives up after getting runs ranging 47-51mph and I kinda felt the truck has more in it. I figured id just go out and make some speed runs myself where I personally know I’m holding the throttle pinned for multiple seconds on the top end and where I’m on an adequate runway. Just recorded a bash sesh the other day as well that I will also post below where I found out this awesome bash park made by random RC enthusiasts with shovels that I know of had been completely bulldozed. Was unfortunate because I just was there not two weeks before and someone had been putting a LOT of work in on it and it was looking like a pro monster truck stadium. Ended up finding a decent size jump over on the far side of a hill where I got some decent jumps and flips in though.

Speed Runs:

Bash Video:

Nice speed runs and road was as flat as it gets. Great spot for Infraction or Limitless speed runs. Up the pinion and see what you get. ?

What app do you use? Gonna pull out one of my old phones and do the same thing. ?
Just called “speedometer” yea had to go through quite a few terribly designed or poor functioning apps to find this one. Tested it against the same app on my new phone, the GPS on my trucks nav system, and even those radar guns that show your speed to tell you to slow down if your speeding and yea the app is pretty dang accurate. Here’s a photo in case there are a few similarly named apps.
EF39F95A-B357-4588-AF46-C58BBCBD2E8A.jpeg

Nice speed runs and road was as flat as it gets. Great spot for Infraction or Limitless speed runs. Up the pinion and see what you get. ?
Yea pretty happy I found that spot, didn’t think finding a decent spot was possible considering I live in the middle of San Diego and it’s so populated with cars nonstop on every road but searched google maps for long straight roads that looked like they didnt see much traffic took me to that area and the road I originally went to check out was a bust, but then I drove by this spot nearby and was 2 lanes with extra space, long road, no cars parked, one way traffic so don’t need to worry bout oncomming traffic, very few cars driving through, found my new speed run spot and only 5min from my house haha. And yea got a few cheap pinions coming from China gonna add a few teeth and see what it runs. Also planning on putting a Max6 with a 4985 1600kv motor in the future, then I’ll really bump up the pinion and see what she got.

Sucks about your spot being leveled but it’s still an awesome bash spot. I’d love to have a place like that close to me. Awesone videos man! Your voice sounds like RCDude81 ?

Just called “speedometer” yea had to go through quite a few terribly designed or poor functioning apps to find this one. Tested it against the same app on my new phone, the GPS on my trucks nav system, and even those radar guns that show your speed to tell you to slow down if your speeding and yea the app is pretty dang accurate. Here’s a photo in case there are a few similarly named apps.
View attachment 67724

Yea pretty happy I found that spot, didn’t think finding a decent spot was possible considering I live in the middle of San Diego and it’s so populated with cars nonstop on every road but searched google maps for long straight roads that looked like they didnt see much traffic took me to that area and the road I originally went to check out was a bust, but then I drove by this spot nearby and was 2 lanes with extra space, long road, no cars parked, one way traffic so don’t need to worry bout oncomming traffic, very few cars driving through, found my new speed run spot and only 5min from my house haha. And yea got a few cheap pinions coming from China gonna add a few teeth and see what it runs. Also planning on putting a Max6 with a 4985 1600kv motor in the future, then I’ll really bump up the pinion and see what she got.
Yeah, That's a really nice road, lucky to come across it so close to home especially in a big metro area like yours. Be careful with cheap pinions, may eat up your spur too lol.

Be careful with cheap pinions, may eat up your spur too lol.

Yea, figured the cheap ones wouldn’t be a good permanent solution, I’m just buying cheapos to find out what tooth count is gonna be the sweet spot for me then I’ll buy a better quality pinion once I figure out my preferred gear. they come in sets of 5 pinion gears and I ordered 11t-15t for $10 and already got the optional Arrma 16t speed pinion and also plan on picking up 18t-22t when I get the HW 1600kv 4985 and after that I’ll have a full set of cheap tester pinions 11t-22t missing only the 17t.

Yea, figured the cheap ones wouldn’t be a good permanent solution, I’m just buying cheapos to find out what tooth count is gonna be the sweet spot for me then I’ll buy a better quality pinion once I figure out my preferred gear. they come in sets of 5 pinion gears and I ordered 11t-15t for $10 and already got the optional Arrma 16t speed pinion and also plan on picking up 18t-22t when I get the HW 1600kv 4985 and after that I’ll have a full set of cheap tester pinions 11t-22t missing only the 17t.
Ok cool, nothing wrong doing it that way, then you can buy a quality pinion once you figure out the sweet spot.

View attachment 67724

Who's the developer for that app? There are a few billion with the same name but none with the same icon.

Who's the developer for that app? There are a few billion with the same name but none with the same icon.

“Tevfik Yucek” Seems to be listed under developer in the App Store. Here’s a screenshot of the app in the App Store as well.
1DD75F8C-FAF0-4E46-BFB6-CE4C9FC1147C.png

Finally ... someone else who likes doing speedruns with the Outcast/Notorious ?

Haven’t done many lately but here’s what I found when I was focused on top speed

all runs were with full size Backflip tires.

6s (stock electronics)
12t pinion 52.8mph
15t pinion 60.2mph
17t pinion 67.3mph

6s (HW Max6 4985 1650kv)
20t pinion 71.4mph
22t pinion 73.2mph

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-pinion-for-bashing.17069/post-228183

Finally ... someone else who likes doing speedruns with the Outcast/Notorious ?

Haven’t done many lately but here’s what I found when I was focused on top speed

all runs were with full size Backflip tires.

6s (stock electronics)
12t pinion 52.8mph
15t pinion 60.2mph
17t pinion 67.3mph

6s (HW Max6 4985 1650kv)
20t pinion 71.4mph
22t pinion 73.2mph

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-pinion-for-bashing.17069/post-228183

Awesome big help, I’ve been planning on going max6 + 4985 so that’s good to know. So I personally like how the temps stay relatively low with the stock 12t on the BLX(pretty trigger happy so feel I would overheat if I went over stock) what do you think would be the equivalent amount of teeth for hard bashing while keeping temps low for the max6/4985 combo? So wondering the pinion size for equivalent temps not equivalent speed. I’m assuming you should be able to push More speed more torque and still keep the temps lower with the Hobbywing combo vs stock BLX.

Awesome big help, I’ve been planning on going max6 + 4985 so that’s good to know. So I personally like how the temps stay relatively low with the stock 12t on the BLX(pretty trigger happy so feel I would overheat if I went over stock) what do you think would be the equivalent amount of teeth for hard bashing while keeping temps low for the max6/4985 combo? So wondering the pinion size for equivalent temps not equivalent speed. I’m assuming you should be able to push More speed more torque and still keep the temps lower with the Hobbywing combo vs stock BLX.
Correct
With the stock system on backflips 15t pinion is safe for bashing without worrying about getting temps dangerously high. On the Max6 1650kv combo a 20t is comparable temperature wise for bashing. If you add a good pair of motor fans you can get away with a 16 or 17t with the BLX system and a 22t with the Max6 1650 setup
Although it’s not recommended by Hobbywing or responsible minded people, I’ve been having good results running 8s with the Max6/1650 in my Kraton

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back