Kraton Some tire weight info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 3 of my wheels come off quite easily on my Outcast, but of course the last one gave me a workout. Still not as bad as my Typhon. I had to ream the holes a bit before I put them back on due to the plastic being squished into the threads.
View attachment 4518
I crack up when people say they are jumping up and down on the rims to get them off....but I can understand why. Everyone is walking around with sore thumbs, wrists and arms, so they take more drastic measures. Someone could really film some funny footage with all this. I bet we could drive around without wheel nuts and they wouldn't even come off. :)

Are you talking about the MX.38's ? They are huge compared to the Badland 3.8's. Bottom line....the Backflips are a stout rim and tire combo compared to the other 2 I have. However....they all perform well in my opinion.

Dump the dirt out before you put them on a scale maybe ? IDK....possible answer to the extra weight. ?

Right, the mx38 's. They are a pretty massive tire.

The dboots are new as well, maybe my scale needs recalibrating.
No trouble removing them either. Just fell right off. Guess I got a lucky set.

I love these things, inside holes taped up, tires vented, hubs Dremeled out! Ready to go!

Attachments

• 20161226_100412.jpg
    20161226_100412.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20161226_100351.jpg
    20161226_100351.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 93
Sickest tires ever....
Traction rolling on flat ground.......
Never done that before, no weeds or grass just groomed dirt!

Rc8t wing, if I remember correctly. Hobbywing 42/74 1800kv sensored.
Thanks bro. Wing looks pretty stout. Going to stay stock electronics for now, but was curious. Just broke first Arrma shock shaft today going huge off refaced jump with my maiden big air Kraton voyage. Just posted vid in media, was testing Tekno orange springs. Will try heavier oil or perhaps tone it down some.....Ahhhh the fun of blasting airs!!!

Hi, what do you mean with "hubs dremeled out" ?

The hole where the wheel fits over the hub/hex tends to be fairly tight. So to make it easier to get the wheels off and on, you use a dremel to shave some of the plastic from the hole of the wheel. Hopefully that makes sense haha

Decided to yank the Outcast tires off, literally! WTF....No fun, thought I was going to rip the glue beads apart, used short blast near the hex's with the heat gun and tried the old stand on them and wiggle/yank/repeat. Had only removed one wheel prior, knew what I was up against. Last wheel was a female dog, but finally came off. Ended up using my sharp body reamer and made several turns from each side of wheel hub, kept doing this until I could tightly wiggle the Backflips onto the Kraton. Raced over to local park just before sundown and ripped it up for almost a whole 6s pack. Big, big difference. Way better bite, turning, hard breaking, and power wheelie's galore. Much better control, even nose wheelied with hard breaking. Mind you this was in mostly damp bark and some bare decomposed granite/dirt. Tires are awesome, way more fun than stocks on the Kraton beast! Wanted to post vid but just too dark. View attachment 4498

I saw you on You-Tube last night.... your daughter drives the Kraton pretty darn good for a youngster. I saw some nice air recoveries she did.

The hole where the wheel fits over the hub/hex tends to be fairly tight. So to make it easier to get the wheels off and on, you use a dremel to shave some of the plastic from the hole of the wheel. Hopefully that makes sense haha

Yes it absolutely does

I saw you on You-Tube last night.... your daughter drives the Kraton pretty darn good for a youngster. I saw some nice air recoveries she did.
Thanks Vanning. Trying to get both kids out enough to become decent drivers. Does make me cringe a bit at times when the trucks start getting beat down in a bad way, but you gotta learn somehow. I'm trying to keep it fun with the kids, Angie has improved pretty quickly though...Lol.

I ran the Backflips twice over the weekend. I love them. I find that bashers work best with big meats on them. I still have to vent mine but many tasks are on the list. I found a few weaknesses in the Kraton this weekend and have been addressing them. I may need thicker shock oil with these Backflips. Also need to mess with the front camber a little. I need to slow the rebound down mostly . The Kraton is back on the operating table for a while. A new servo is really going to be needed. The Backflips need to be paired with something strong.

I ran the Backflips twice over the weekend. I love them. I find that bashers work best with big meats on them. I still have to vent mine but many tasks are on the list. I found a few weaknesses in the Kraton this weekend and have been addressing them. I may need thicker shock oil with these Backflips. Also need to mess with the front camber a little. I need to slow the rebound down mostly . The Kraton is back on the operating table for a while. A new servo is really going to be needed. The Backflips need to be paired with something strong.
Please let me know what shock oil you end up using in the front and back, I'm running lite weight, 60 in the front and 55 in the rear. Pretty lightweight but I needed it to be responsive for the really rough terrain I'm driving on. But I want to know what your experience brings?

It looks like and feels like only the front shock oil needs to be thicker. I have Tekno orange springs and stock oil in them. I switched to the big, heavy Backflips. I may need to slow them down on rebound. I was running Badlands and the stock body.

It looks like and feels like only the front shock oil needs to be thicker. I have Tekno orange springs and stock oil in them. I switched to the big, heavy Backflips. I may need to slow them down on rebound. I was running Badlands and the stock body.
How does the backflip compare to the badlands? Are they less agile? Do they expand less?

The size and offset of the Backflips go better on a Kraton. The Bandlands do look decent but less of a monster truck feel on a Kraton. They still both perform well. Bandlsnds make a Kraton wider and lower. It will tend to handle a bit better. Throttle inputs in the air are less sensitive with Badlands. I don't have the ballooning issues people speak of. Probably due to the way I tuned my Kraton. (Center diff, ESC, gearing) I don't get drastic ballooning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back