Kraton Some tire weight info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanning

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
Backflips - 351 grams
Minokawa D-Boots - 283 grams
Badlands - 244 grams.

The Backflips are some serious rubber. Very solid, thick and strong feeling tire. They look promising on the Kraton. I took the heaviest weight of each tire.

View attachment 4456 View attachment 4457 View attachment 4458 Backflips - 351 grams
Minokawa D-Boots - 283 grams
Badlands - 244 grams.

The Backflips are some serious rubber. Very solid, thick and strong feeling tire. They look promising on the Kraton. I took the heaviest weight of each tire.
Thanks for posting that, was curious, I'm sold on Backflips after several multisurface bashes with Outcast, new set should arrive in next 1-2 days if UPS keeps schedule, going straight on new Kraton. Backflips have really become one of the standout features of the Outcast. The hook up is ridiculous in grass, great in loose dirt, and very impressive in bark/mixed terrain. I roosted myself from good distances with those big knobs spitting debris out as they dug in. Great forward bite and awesome turning, think the size should be perfect for Kraton, almost too big for Outcast, but work great and make the truck such a fun basher! Really planted feeling that makes me want to go big when I'm running them.

I was surprised by the weight of them. They probably absorb lots of impact. I hear nothing but good things about these. Can't wait to try them out.

I was surprised by the weight of them. They probably absorb lots of impact. I hear nothing but good things about these. Can't wait to try them out.
I'm sure they won't disappoint. Seem to soak up lots of impact on Outcast and jump great with no traction roll issues. I too am really excited to try bashing them, almost pulled them off Outcast just to try, but they are difficult to remove/replace, been busy, and I need a smaller drum sander bit to smoothout inner hub of rim to make removal easier. I'm hoping to make a short bash test vid when they arrive. Hope you get a bash in soon and share some feedback. My guess is they're going to work great.

These are the tires I'm getting soon to put on my new Kraton. Ran her today for the first time and I'm very impressed. Can't wait to take her out again!
Did a short 6s street drift run with my 1/8 scale powered Backslash today, what I really wanted was to get the Kraton and Outcast back in the dirt somewhere fun! Have to work til Tuesday, no sun/time to get out......I'm cringing to get another bash in! I need my Arrma fix like a junky now, it's almost pathetic this bashing addiction....Lol.

Decided to yank the Outcast tires off, literally! WTF....No fun, thought I was going to rip the glue beads apart, used short blast near the hex's with the heat gun and tried the old stand on them and wiggle/yank/repeat. Had only removed one wheel prior, knew what I was up against. Last wheel was a female dog, but finally came off. Ended up using my sharp body reamer and made several turns from each side of wheel hub, kept doing this until I could tightly wiggle the Backflips onto the Kraton. Raced over to local park just before sundown and ripped it up for almost a whole 6s pack. Big, big difference. Way better bite, turning, hard breaking, and power wheelie's galore. Much better control, even nose wheelied with hard breaking. Mind you this was in mostly damp bark and some bare decomposed granite/dirt. Tires are awesome, way more fun than stocks on the Kraton beast! Wanted to post vid but just too dark.
IMG_20161217_171348118.jpg

Why in the world are they so hard to get off? Just taking the entire wheel off the outcast was a pain?
I know for certain that Outcast rims have a slightly smaller hole then the Kraton. WTF! They both have the same size axels! Kraton rims came right off like most all my other RCs. Only have Duratrax buggy wheels been tight/buggers to work with, Outcast tires were ridiculously difficult to remove, and I'm pretty friggin strong and understand leverage. Don't know how to answer other than wheel holes cut too small and factory nut is getting power drilled on smashing rims even tighter?

So were they difficult to get onto the Kraton? I plan on ordering these soon to put on my Kraton and want to know what I'm looking at. LOL

So were they difficult to get onto the Kraton? I plan on ordering these soon to put on my Kraton and want to know what I'm looking at. LOL
I had to use a body reamer and made several twists to take just a miniscule amount of plastic off from both sides before they'd go on fairly easily. Light sanding or filing with a rat tail file would also have done the job. Almost used a drill bit, but couldn't find right size. May not have same issue with premount Backflips. My second set should arrive tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know how mine fit when I get the new ones back on the Outcast.

I had to use a body reamer and made several twists to take just a miniscule amount of plastic off from both sides before they'd go on fairly easily. Light sanding or filing with a rat tail file would also have done the job. Almost used a drill bit, but couldn't find right size. May not have same issue with premount Backflips. My second set should arrive tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know how mine fit when I get the new ones back on the Outcast.
Awesome thanks!!

IMG_0271.PNG
Decided to yank the Outcast tires off, literally! WTF....No fun, thought I was going to rip the glue beads apart, used short blast near the hex's with the heat gun and tried the old stand on them and wiggle/yank/repeat. Had only removed one wheel prior, knew what I was up against. Last wheel was a female dog, but finally came off. Ended up using my sharp body reamer and made several turns from each side of wheel hub, kept doing this until I could tightly wiggle the Backflips onto the Kraton. Raced over to local park just before sundown and ripped it up for almost a whole 6s pack. Big, big difference. Way better bite, turning, hard breaking, and power wheelie's galore. Much better control, even nose wheelied with hard breaking. Mind you this was in mostly damp bark and some bare decomposed granite/dirt. Tires are awesome, way more fun than stocks on the Kraton beast! Wanted to post vid but just too dark. View attachment 4498
That red body Kraton is so much nicer than the green. The Backflips turn it into a monster. They are a great size, tread, offset. I think Pro-Line may be in on them also. Did you notice the rim face is the same as the mustang rims Ken Block drives in a few of his videos. Tarmac R40's

Last edited:
View attachment 4505
That red body Kraton is so much nicer than the green. The Backflips turn it into a monster. They are a great size, tread, offset. I think Pro-Line may be in on them also. Did you notice the rim face is the same as the mustang rims Ken Block drives in a few of his videos. Tarmac R40's
I thought they looked familiar, but my sole focus was figuring out how to get those bastard's off without breaking them, pulling my suspension components off, or ripping my own fingers apart. There was no way I was going to force them on the Kraton without shaving them to fit properly. I should have put on a gorilla suit and shot a removal video, like a ridiculous SNL skit, what a joke.... Was ready to go postal but kept her together. Heat gun helped I think, or maybe that was voo doo magic for my brain, glad another painful task is over...

That's how the stock tires were on my Kraton. I could not get them off at first. I don't have that problem with the Backflips. They go on and off without a problem. For some reason, the Arrma factory gets the plastic smashed down around the threads. It's only at the end.

On my Kraton, when it was new, I took my scalpel blade and cut around the hub... near the threads. They came right off.

Last edited:
I weighed my new set of badlands 3.8 and they were between 403-407 gr. Not sure where the extra weight is, the rims or the big luggy tires. That M2 compound sure is gooey.
I also weighed the stock kraton dboots. Mine were about 10 gr heavier, between 292-296 gr.

Are you talking about the MX.38's ? They are huge compared to the Badland 3.8's. Bottom line....the Backflips are a stout rim and tire combo compared to the other 2 I have. However....they all perform well in my opinion.

Dump the dirt out before you put them on a scale maybe ? IDK....possible answer to the extra weight. ?

Last edited:
I had 3 of my wheels come off quite easily on my Outcast, but of course the last one gave me a workout. Still not as bad as my Typhon. I had to ream the holes a bit before I put them back on due to the plastic being squished into the threads.
20161116_130630.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back