Somebody got caught slippin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silomatic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Talion
Lookie who forgot to loctite the motor mount screws....
20170414_191018.jpg
20170414_191708.jpg

<------- this guy

Pinion got here. I also grabbed a full center diff. Ended up being cheaper than a spur and rebuild kit. Thunking about throwing on the 20t for shits and giggles this weekend.
20170420_183312.jpg

Good

Start thinking tire's,15 tooth on asfault is NASCAR wear.
Asphalt? Who drives their Talion on asphalt? Lol. I run both stock and Badlands on Kraton white wheels...off road. I guess I do run on asphalt before I take it out after an upgrade to test, but I never really bash on it.
I believe this happened becaise the motor mount screws were not tight enough after I changed the pinion out. You live and you learn

Pinion got here. I also grabbed a full center diff. Ended up being cheaper than a spur and rebuild kit. Thunking about throwing on the 20t for shits and giggles this weekend.View attachment 9559
Yeh I done the same for shits and giggles, I got a 20t but then I thought lets do a proper job on the toilet and make a spool with a 30t pinion and 34t spur I wil let you know how it turns out. Nobody would insure me.

Ouch, those factory ARRMA pinions don't stand a chance of 6S power. Its crazy how quickly they fail. It may sound repetitive, but on nitro RC 1/8 I have never stripped a clutch bell pinion like that, and they are the same teeth, 14T / 15T. ONLY one time and it was HSP china brand, learned my lesson. I am willing to bet a lot of those pinions are low grade cheap metal.

IMO the happy medium of acceptable bashing tear and wear is on a 4S, and pushing it on a 5S. Once 6S becomes the norm, they wear out quick. (... imo) it is not a fact ///

Ouch, those factory ARRMA pinions don't stand a chance of 6S power. Its crazy how quickly they fail. It may sound repetitive, but on nitro RC 1/8 I have never stripped a clutch bell pinion like that, and they are the same teeth, 14T / 15T. ONLY one time and it was HSP china brand, learned my lesson. I am willing to bet a lot of those pinions are low grade cheap metal.

IMO the happy medium of acceptable bashing tear and wear is on a 4S, and pushing it on a 5S. Once 6S becomes the norm, they wear out quick. (... imo) it is not a fact ///
Theres a nak to driving 6s if you beast it all the time nothing will last long. I found that out when my mate killed my center diff by cooking it. No the nak is to be smooth and gentle, drive like a racing driver, theres no point in giving it the beans when the car cant make use out of it.
It sure is fun to just plough it on 6s and trying tho but you must resist, you must. I guage whats tough on the car by the condition of my Tyres. I murdered the stock tyres on a carpark in 15min, flatspotted all of them, ripped them, foam flying out of another and cracked a couple of hubs and a very uneven wear pattern.

Theres a nak to driving 6s if you beast it all the time nothing will last long. I found that out when my mate killed my center diff by cooking it. No the nak is to be smooth and gentle, drive like a racing driver, theres no point in giving it the beans when the car cant make use out of it.
It sure is fun to just plough it on 6s and trying tho but you must resist, you must. I guage whats tough on the car by the condition of my Tyres. I murdered the stock tyres on a carpark in 15min, flatspotted all of them, ripped them, foam flying out of another and cracked a couple of hubs and a very uneven wear pattern.

For Real!

Yeah, stock pinion is garbage, but this was totally my fault. About to mount the HR pinion and give it a shot
14930767788461237759156.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back