Senton Someone else had a servo that failed? (electronics died)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normand_Nadon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey, the S651 Digital servo in my Senton died this morning... 5th or 6th time I take the truck out, bought it new last week...
Yesterday I added a Gyro to help with stabilisation. It is a digital servo, there should be no issue with a gyro and it has been done before from what I can read...

Anyone had this issue? It will be replaced under warranty but that worries me a lot!

Last edited:
Are you sure the S651 is digital? Digital Spektrum servos usually have 4 digit model numbers, and analogs 3 digits. Does it say digital under "S651" on the label?

What makes you think it's a digital servo?
It's paired with a non-gyro receiver out of the box.
The fact that it is written in plain text on the Stenton's box!
It says "Waterproof Spektrum SPMS651 metal-gear digital servo"

Anyways, the hobby shop where I bought my truck credited me with the value of the servo and I bought a PowerHD 20kg digital servo... It is MUUUUCH smother and feels a lot better! I also switched for my venerable GY401 Gyro and man does the truck feel smooth!
By the way, the original servo retails for around 20$ Canadian and stock price is 9,45$ CAD... That says a lot! It is not a quality product!

Now, I have to buy several tires and wheels because after 7 or 8 runs, the tires are almost done! 3S is way too much for the tires!

Does it say it's digital on the servo? Every Spektrum servo I've ever seen that's digital says so on the label. A $20 CDN price tag would also suggest it's not digital. The servo from the last version of the Senton retails for $50 CDN and it's analog, so it looks like the servo change was cost cutting measure.

I really like the Power HD servos, they center really well. Just be sure to set your end points correctly; they can be power hungry. What servo saver did you switch to for the Power HD servo?

On the original Servo, there was just the number and Spektrum branding.
I think that they switched the remote for a better one (3 channel DSMR), but cut costs on the servo to compensate...

For now, no servo saver as those idiots switched from a 25t on the V2 to a 23t on the v3... It is not compatible between models! I should get one new by the end of the week from the hobby shop... The guy told me that I shouldn't worry about that as the 20kg servo is stronger than the horn!

It amazes me how some parts of this truck are amazingly crafted, and others are so poorly thought-out... Like if there was one genius and one idiot to design the model!

Now I have to source nice tires for this machine as I ran it less than 10 times and most of the the grip is gone! It is clearly not happy to run on asphalt!
Luckily, my favorite place is a large area of super short grass... I will concentrate on this spot and manage to keep the tires for as long as possible!

There are a lot of changes in the new models. They do seem to have fixed a lot of the common problems, but along with that they found ways to cut costs. The servo is one and the motor is another. I'm curious to see how the Firma motor holds up.

While the Power HD servo is very strong, what you need to be concerned about is sudden impules in the steering if you get airborne and land sideways or hit a rock or a curb. While the gears in that servo are all steel, a strong enough impulse can still strip them. The other common problem with the Senton is that rocks can jam the steering. If that happens and you don't have a servo saver, the servo will be in a full stall condition. Your servo will output 18 km-cm of torque at 6V and draw a little over 5 amps - the BEC is only rated for 3A. Luckily the Power HD will only draw that current for a couple of seconds and then will back off to about 2.5 amps (another reason I like the Power HD servos), but you're still playing with the limit as the fans and receiver are also drawing power from the BEC. Until you get a servo saver in there, take it easy.

Which hobby store are you dealing with?

I had to find our the hard way to with the 23T.

Looking into the HR ATF48SH02 or Arrma AR340151. Will let you know how it goes with my Savox that's waiting to be installed.

The one in my dad's 3s also stopped working after a week of having the truck the first time it happened I took out the servo cleaned it out and it worked for half a run then I changed it out what's a good servo to put on the senton that mounts in the same position I just got a onyx one for now I know it's not an upgrade I just wanted to get my dad's truck running

Hey, the S651 Digital servo in my Senton died this morning... 5th or 6th time I take the truck out, bought it new last week...
Yesterday I added a Gyro to help with stabilisation. It is a digital servo, there should be no issue with a gyro and it has been done before from what I can read...

Anyone had this issue? It will be replaced under warranty but that worries me a lot!
I have a big rock v3. Its back at the store I brought it from at the moment, apparently the servo is shot. All being fixed under warranty. However the car has only been ran 3 times then the steering went crazy. Let's hope the replacement lasts a little longer.

I have a big rock v3. Its back at the store I brought it from at the moment, apparently the servo is shot. All being fixed under warranty. However the car has only been ran 3 times then the steering went crazy. Let's hope the replacement lasts a little longer.
I would not count on it... the original servo is really bad!
Plus, it always needed correction, now my new servo is always predictable... Only complaint is that it is a little slow and sometimes it shows as I am getting better at driving the truck...
I suspect that the poopy links have something to do with that though... It takes a lot of movement to pick-up the slack...

I might take a look at changing all the links for generic high quality ones in the near future

Set your steering dual-rate out of the box. Maximum is not correct.

So what is a good 25T analogue servo and what's a good 25T digital servo? What's the difference? Total newb here so parden my ignorance.

So what is a good 25T analogue servo and what's a good 25T digital servo? What's the difference? Total newb here so parden my ignorance.
Ok so I did some research on the difference between analogue vs digital servos and I now get the basics. Still curious as to what's the best value. Do steering servos go out a lot (do you replace them consistently) if your bashing them constantly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back