Something I need help on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Old Man RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Not so long back there were two clickable thingies under a YouTube video that you could either download an .mp4 for videos or an .mp3 for audio as long as the stuff was not copywrited. When I got my new system and got things about half way set up I noticed I no longer had those. Was this something I forgot to add to FireFox or the YT apps or did YT just take them down? I know there are still pages that you can paste the links into and download that way, again as long as the video is not copywrited but where did the little clickable thingies go?

Another thing is I don’t remember posting links to a couple of videos of my friend Jamey, (who is dumber than a box of rocks,) flying his drone. He is closer to 90 than 80 years old. They are on YT but I don’t think I posted links here and I am proud of his accomplishment at drone flying. I am trying to get him to get some kind of surface RC but I doubt that will happen.

If I didn’t post the links to his drone flying, please drop by my YT channel and look for Jamey’s drone or whatever I called them. You will recognize them when you see them. Leave him comments as I’m trying to get him to do a YT channel and let me edit and upload for him because as I said he’s probably not capable of doing that, not just because he’s dumb but because he doesn’t have a system that will crunch videos.

Now Sarah, AKA Miss Bly has been gone most of the week and I had STRICT instructions to “Not do stupid snit!???? So I’ve had to find something to keep me from getting tanked and doing stupid stuff. Here is a video about part of what I’ve been doing to pass my time.

Watch, don’t watch or whatever. I’m not getting paid either way, I’m just doing them to have a little fun and if I can entertain and offer any BS wisdom I’ve picked up along the way that is just a bonus to everyone.

The button thingy was likely a browser extension that allowed downloading YouTube videos or audio from the video. Should be easy enough to find another one or similar. YouTube doesn't like these type buttons I imagine but they don't like much of anything they can't control, judge, direct, virtue signal or proclaim moral high ground.
I watched your video today and upvoted. I enjoy videos that allow a glimpse into the life of folks I enjoy communicating with. In this case, I was almost motivated to do some soldering but decided to finally get my Voltage shock towers on the Notorious and give her a run. I was though again semi-motivated to do some editing 'cause I have some footage and maybe I will later. No matter what I do, I can't yet make myself enjoy sitting down to do the editing part....
I'll certainly look for your friend's drone stuff and upvote.
With Miss Bly gone, if you aren't gonna get tanked I suppose I will. Off tomorrow and cold beer is in order.

The youtube download thing was probably this firefox addon:

Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express
https://www.yourvideofile.org/

Or this one:
Enhancer for YouTube™
https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube

I have both and have those buttons too. guessing it was the first one. Or one like it. Pretty sure both are available on Firefox or Chrome. I use firefox.

The button thingy was likely a browser extension that allowed downloading YouTube videos or audio from the video. Should be easy enough to find another one or similar. YouTube doesn't like these type buttons I imagine but they don't like much of anything they can't control, judge, direct, virtue signal or proclaim moral high ground.
I watched your video today and upvoted. I enjoy videos that allow a glimpse into the life of folks I enjoy communicating with. In this case, I was almost motivated to do some soldering but decided to finally get my Voltage shock towers on the Notorious and give her a run. I was though again semi-motivated to do some editing 'cause I have some footage and maybe I will later. No matter what I do, I can't yet make myself enjoy sitting down to do the editing part....
With Miss Bly gone, if you aren't gonna get tanked I suppose I will. Off tomorrow and cold beer is in order.
Thanks man. I figured it might be an add-on but I haven't found it yet but I did find a way to down load a different way so all is good,
Thanks for watching Jamey worry the snit outta me but that was also fun, I think. Did I sound like I was having fun? Maybe when his lil drone lifted off with the Cube strapped to it. That part was fun.

I do a different kind of "tanked" and I can't really mix much Crown Royal or Seagram's VO Gold with that but I can have a Yoogling sometimes.????

Thanks man. I figured it might be an add-on but I haven't found it yet but I did find a way to down load a different way so all is good,
Thanks for watching Jamey worry the snit outta me but that was also fun, I think. Did I sound like I was having fun? Maybe when his lil drone lifted off with the Cube strapped to it. That part was fun.

I do a different kind of "tanked" and I can't really mix much Crown Royal or Seagram's VO Gold with that but I can have a Yoogling sometimes.????
I've used this company's tools for years and have never had any issues. I would consider them "safe"
I don't think they have a browser extension but plenty apps.
https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm

Editing videos is not one of my favorite things to do. That's why my vids look unpolished, just like me?I get somewhat tanked every day but after 20+ years of it, it's no fun any more. Thanks for liking the videos.??
Is that a redcat gen 8 scout box @ 2:05?
Yep. Bought myself a Father's day present and had to wait until Miss Bly got back so we could unbox my Gen8 and her Everest 10. Finally got to run them some 2 Sundays ago. I didn't post links here because they aren't ARRMA trucks and I didn't want to get put in time out or whatever is done when you mess up.
I've also got new drone videos up too that are a hoot if I do say so myself but again not ARRMA so I don't know if it's allowed to put links here for that.
I recall the Old Man picked one up but I think he's waiting for Miss Bly to get back home before unboxing. ???
Yeah, she told me I didn't have to but I did any way. Couple of more non ARRMA videos were made while I was waiting for her return.
The youtube download thing was probably this firefox addon:

Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express
https://www.yourvideofile.org/

Or this one:
Enhancer for YouTube™
https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube

I have both and have those buttons too. guessing it was the first one. Or one like it. Pretty sure both are available on Firefox or Chrome. I use firefox.
Thanks for the links. I'll look at those when I'm more awake.
I've used this company's tools for years and have never had any issues. I would consider them "safe"
I don't think they have a browser extension but plenty apps.
https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm
And thank you too for the links.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back