Kraton Something is not right here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qasim2021

Everyday as it comes...
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi Guys,

So I took my Kraton out for a little sesh today and noticed it no longer does a wheelie its like its turned into a typhon ? i mean I'm happy with the speed etc but just can't seem to figure out why it no longer pops a wheelie at all kind of making my wheelie bar feel useless now. Any ideas? I have got an absima CR3P "CRAP" Transmitter now after giving my STX to my uncle thats the only change. Could it be the Dual Rate Expo as I don't fully understand that its all new to me or is this going to be a mechanical problem. Appreciate the help ?

Hi Guys,

So I took my Kraton out for a little sesh today and noticed it no longer does a wheelie its like its turned into a typhon ? i mean I'm happy with the speed etc but just can't seem to figure out why it no longer pops a wheelie at all kind of making my wheelie bar feel useless now. Any ideas? I have got an absima CR3P "CRAP" Transmitter now after giving my STX to my uncle thats the only change. Could it be the Dual Rate Expo as I don't fully understand that its all new to me or is this going to be a mechanical problem. Appreciate the help ?
Do you hear any cogging sound when you do a big acceleration? Mien does that on my exb but i think its because my motor is getting too hot or my motor was defective from the start

Don't think it's the motor as its been fine. Define cogging as it always makes that sound don't it?

So you think I should open up the centre diff and inspect it? I'll post pictures as Im not sure what is good or bad ?

You'd want to open it up, clean all the old black oxidized fluid out and replace with fresh fluid. You want the fluid to smash out of the sides of the diff cup when you marry the 2 halves so make sure you fill it up to the max. Clean off all the overspill, make sure your 4 diff screws are nice and tight without stripping them out and re-install.

You'd want to open it up, clean all the old black oxidized fluid out and replace with fresh fluid. You want the fluid to smash out of the sides of the diff cup when you marry the 2 halves so make sure you fill it up to the max. Clean off all the overspill, make sure your 4 diff screws are nice and tight without stripping them out and re-install.

You only want to fill the diff cup to just above the cross pins.

You only want to fill the diff cup to just above the cross pins.

To ensure the entire diff gets fluid packed in each tooth and every nook, I fill mine up to the rim and smash the sun gear in with the other 1/2 of the cup and let it spew out the sides. Done it that way for too many years and it works. Everyone has their own way.

I think the only negative Ive heard/read about for filling the diff to the top and let it squeeze out, is that the squeeze-out can compromise the gasket seal.

As much as I prefer the "two loose ends" aluminum cups, I feel like the stock setup (with the grub screw for drainage) is better for getting it nice and filled....fill it all you want, leave the grub screw out while screwing the ring gear on and the extra comes out the grub screw hole instead of through the gasket.

Won't get time today but will post pictures I did redo the diff not so long ago and only had 2 3 runs so I wouldn't have thought this was the issue.

As I only redone the centre diff not so long ago is there any reason why you would say this is causing the issue?

I thought you were selling this? Did you decide to keep it?

Gave it to a family member but he hasn't a clue. I drove it and noticed this I know he hasn't drove it yet as I charged the lipos and turned it all on for him and noticed it then

As I only redone the centre diff not so long ago is there any reason why you would say this is causing the issue?

Over time the fluid breaks down due to oxidation and metal glitter from the gears makes it thinner, normal wear and tear. If you didn't have enough in it the first time, this process happens faster. Your not pulling wheelies anymore right? That means the CD is directing the power to the tires with the least amount of traction, the front.

As for the grub screw, I like to avoid that because its just one more step I don't need to bother with.

As for the fluid messing with the gasket from over spill, I've found that the fluid helps in seating the gasket. Just like you would get the gasket of an oil filter with a layer of oil from your finger to help it twist on and seat correctly.

My way is not for everyone. If I had a dollar for every diff I've redone, I could probably buy 4 brand new K8's..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back