Typhon Something is wrong with my 3s ARRMA Typhon (HELP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Quick question on the Slipper Clutch on a 3s Typhon!! Currently, i have installed in my car is a Hot Racing 57t spur gear and I am currently running a 20t arrma pinion but the car seems to be much slower for some reason. (Question ) If my Slipper Clutch was to lose or to tight would that effect the speed of the car?? The reason why I ask something is wrong. I am only getting speeds of up to only 35 - 40mph if I am lucky.... The car has new Jim Bearing installed as well so I am not sure what the issues is but something is dragging I THINK! I should have no problem hitting speeds up to 50+ mph w/ a 20t pinion and I can only do 43..

Typhon w: GRPs.jpeg

Yes if the slipper is too loose it will slip instead of grip causing you to loose acceleration and top speed. If you ran it too long set loose you might need to replace your slipper pads as they can get glazed over, the slipper being too tight would not make your car slower though.

Well you are losing atleast 8mph going with a smaller tire (but better for speed runs) stock typhon 3s tires are 117mm tall grp ar 98mm
And the stock tires will ballon some making them even bigger then 117mm where as the grps will not Ballon, so just gear up to a 25-27 tooth pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back