Something to do with my son.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Will include the daughter when she is older. I started with 2 redcat blackouts. Upgraded them to brushless, did a few mods, learned to drive and only really had drivetrain issues. My son on the other hand broke something almost every time we went out.

So this year I got myself a Senton 3s blx. Went to the track, let me son drive it and since nothing broke he is excited to drive again.

Yesterday I recurved my Senton mega with brushless upgrade from eBay. Has upgraded input and servo.

After I took it apart and adjusted the mesh and removed the grease from the motor block it is now a screamer. 2s 34 tooth pinion.

Looking forward to hitting the track this weekend to give them a run.

Not sure I need to upgrade anything in the mega, but I need the t-bone bumpers for mine.

Attachments

• 20190117_173528.jpg
    20190117_173528.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190117_173616.jpg
    20190117_173616.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 42
Way to keep the hobby a family experience. Hope you're letting your son tinker and learn while you make all these mods. Let the vacuum that is his mind, suck up all the information that it can. He'll end up an rc lifer for sure, and tech wise to boot.(y)

I have had him do some repairs. Typically it is me though. 2 skills that have saved me tons of money. Soldering and fixing my real car. I need to teach him for sure.

I am getting my daughter into RC. She just got her first Fazon Voltage and the agreement was if something breaks she has to help and learn how to fix it. So far she's into it.

I am getting my daughter into RC. She just got her first Fazon Voltage and the agreement was if something breaks she has to help and learn how to fix it. So far she's into it.
Same deal I made with my son. Funny thing is, When I told him how much time and money I've spent fixing my Slash (his rig now if he accepts the deal to repair when needed), he hasn't asked to take it out that much anymore.;)

Yeah my daughter is only 5, she drives around the yard. She is a lot more interested in learning this stuff.

Chores for spare parts is a good idea. Idea behind Arrma was not to break though :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back